I'm done, Motherf*cker

Discussions for the Marcus Allen Football League.

Moderator: Brutalkid

MakDudeluv

Re: I'm done, Motherf*cker

Post by MakDudeluv »

Tiger your right throwing long is always risky.

The game here and in the real world isn't Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers against the entire defense. It's 11 vs 11 with coaching inputs ref errors. There are so many variables that play a part in Sim dynasty and the NFL.

Tiger your right your o-line is sub par your QB young. Draft well and don't forget the big boys on the line on both sides they are important as are your strategies.

Mike
Birmingham
MakDudeluv

Post by MakDudeluv »

I looked more in depth at your team Tiger and I see what your doing. :lol:
tigershm1977

Post by tigershm1977 »

i meant his team but yes my team was struggling so im playing my young guys
New England Whisperers
MAFL
384-192
18 DC
5 CC
3 SC
and a partridge in a pear tree
ShowTime

Post by ShowTime »

Biggest mistake i see is people always talk offense you might have the top looking offense what about that defenses thats facing you they are there for a reason maybe they match up better to your O then his maybe his exc on def is better then your offense can handle maybe your QB is being rushed to throw and in rain he not getting it done is the coverage from the defense is doing it job. Also makes a huge difference in what that coach is doing on defense if he knows your passing deep a lot well i can counter that all day long if my defense is good or even decent. Dont matter if your QB is a+/a+ he is but one person not a team i had vahn go down field easy and then poof he either fumbles the ball or tosses a int. It happens a lot to me knowing why it happens is what you have to figure out. Stam is also a issue of many plays if there playing at a higher level more energy they might get plays that make u turn head and say WTF.
MakDudeluv

Post by MakDudeluv »

That's what I said :D
hammy2017

Post by hammy2017 »

It's not just a matter of what happened to my team but what happened with the other team in that game. If I had trouble in that weather with an A+/A+ quarterback with A+ execution then his QB sure as hell should have had trouble too. I didn't throw long after the first quarter in that game either except on down and distances that required it so that shouldn't have been a factor.

I've played this football game since it first started so I know more than a little about how it should perform and how it shouldn't. The fact that the other team had that much success and my team sucked was bs no matter how you look at it.

Your point about stamina: I always play with condition training turned on so my guys have as much energy as they can for a given game.

Another example of the sim's questionable results would be today's game. My A/A+ kicker with A execution missed a 46 yard field goal in a dome. Seriously? It's also not calling the plays I have in there at the percentages I have set and some dice rolls are being made at very opportune times by the other team. Not only that but I had a certain defensive strategy set up that would get derailed by an injury to a DB. So what happens? One of my DBs gets injured. How convenient. I even predicted that would probably happen when I was setting the strategy up because that's the kind of thing that happens in this game all the time. It seems like a lot of what goes on in this sim is predetermined, like it decides that team X should have a good season while team Y shouldn't, or a particular game should go a certain way and it will do whatever it takes to make sure those things happen. I have no control over crap like that.
hammy2017

Post by hammy2017 »

Also makes a huge difference in what that coach is doing on defense if he knows your passing deep a lot well i can counter that all day long if my defense is good or even decent.

It's not just about being able to counter a certain strategy, it's also a matter of creating strategic mismatches. You might be able to counter the long passes but then that should open up the running game and shorter passes for the offense.
MakDudeluv

Post by MakDudeluv »

I have just a well meaning question for you. Have you played organized football? I mean no disrespect and I just wondered. I played through H.S. and in college and my son played 10 years in the NFL. This doesn't mean I am an expert but I have seen first hand how some things happen where you can only shake your head in disbelief and move on. Deep breathe and move forward. I hope you stay and continue to do well.
As one humble suggestion, playing your lineman out of position reduces their effectiveness also. Payton Manning and many QB's give special gifts to their lineman because without the great blocking they wouldn't be able to get their passes off in rhythm which is really important. It also helps when receivers catch the ball. Look at other teams that are doing well and see how their lineman stats in blocking, strength and execution especially vs yours.

I really wish you good luck

Mike
Birmingham
Splinter

Post by Splinter »

The league is 23.4% completion rate from 20-39 yards.
The league is 3-76, 3.9% at 40+ yards.

Both numbers a joke.

I have an A overall QB, A-/A+ power/accuracy with A execution. Theoretically a top ten QB.
Never has broke 80 QB RTG, never has thrown 20 TDs, rarely more TDs than INT.
1-21 career at 40+ even though he has had an elite WR for a good share of his career.

http://football.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=4194745

I know play calling has some pie in the sky impact on stats but at some point ratings have to mean bleeping something. The is NO WAY 3-76 at 40+ makes any sense.

I could go crazy on sacks without blitzes but that hasn't change either since the first time I played.

Who is making tackles? We know who is missing them - but never who made them.

Lots of major flaws remain.
hammy2017

Post by hammy2017 »

As one humble suggestion, playing your lineman out of position reduces their effectiveness also.
To some extent but not a lot. Many of the people that are successful coaches in this sim use players out of position, tackles at guard(or visa versa), safeties as LBs, LBs as defensive linemen, etc.

Return to “Marcus Allen Football League”