Detroit's bidding

Discussions for the Kevin Brown League.
boraiders34

Detroit's bidding

Post by boraiders34 »

Hey all,

I'm not sure how Detroit is bidding on players without an owner but it's a little frustrating to be tailoring your bid each day only to have the unowned team swoop in on the last day of FA to win players you strategically offered contracts to. If it was a human-team, that's to be expected, I've certainly had seasons where I missed most of FA but if I knew that an unowned team would be randomly bidding double or triple other bids on the last day it's not only a little frustrating, it's a little suspect. What's to prevent someone from filling their cap space and then setting the bids so the unowned team doesn't compete with their own bids or only bidding on players your rivals are bidding on?

If an unowned team is going to have bids it should be at the very beginning of FA. Or better yet, get a chaperone. I lost out on at least 1 very good player on what would have been a nice contract after following the bidding because of this.
hothomas

Re: Detroit's bidding

Post by hothomas »

you don't say.... and also how about trading with a dead team? conveniently dumping excess salaries...
Underdog1629

Post by Underdog1629 »

Just so everyone knows, that as commission, I do NOT have the ability to sign free agents for an inactive team. The best solution would be to find an owner for Detroit, or at least an active chaperone. If anyone knows anyone who is interested, please reach out to them.

Take care,
Rob
boraiders34

Post by boraiders34 »

Just want to throw out, I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I've played in leagues with Rob for 10 years or so and didn't mean to insinuate anything. Just trying to figure out what is going because if I can go over my cap and just rely on Detroit bailing me out I'll start setting a higher cap. I'm also curious how an onwned team was able to throw a bunch of bids on the last day of FA without having a login. Did Admin login maybe?
boraiders34

Post by boraiders34 »

Can someone figure out what happened here please? Here are the 4 players DET bid on, on the last day of FA:

Brant Brown
Charlie Dennehy
George Wise
Jose Branch

I was the high bid on all 4 of them going into the last day of FA and they are the only 4 players bid on. Results going into the final round were:

Brown - I had high bid, outbid by Detroit and NY (NY misses out on a solid contract), signed by DET
Dennehy - I had high bid, both outbid by Atlanta anyway, signed by ATL
Wise - I had high bid and lost out on good contract, signed by DET
Branch - I had high bid, again outbid by Detroit and NY, signed by DET

I'd really like to know who initiated the bids for DET and who accepted trades that allowed others to dump salary at no cost. Was it Admin trying to just clean up the team and not make it useless or did someone else make these moves?

Return to “Kevin Brown League”