Salary bidding

Discussions for the Kevin Brown League.
forbidden

Salary bidding

Post by forbidden »

A couple questions...
the changeable number in the bids page for max salary. Is the the max you won't go over? So it will halts bids if you hit it? eg 84.5M.
I only placed a few bids in case too many signed but I see teams bidding upwards of 60m in bids if they were to sign would there be trouble or does the previous cap above prevent this?

Secondly what time each day does the next days bids run?

Thanks
~~Forbidden
boraiders34

Re: Salary bidding

Post by boraiders34 »

Yup, the max bid means you won't sign a player if it takes you over that amount. I believe players are signed starting with the highest salary on down as well, so you won't lose out on a star player by signing a bunch of lower level guys and then being unable to sign your top FA target (this didn't used to be the case but pretty sure it is now, someone can correct me if I'm wrong).

And 99% sure the bids are run at 8pm ET.
forbidden

Post by forbidden »

Odd a couple of my bids didn't show up in last round and i click save all the time. I had Bob Flanney .96M and Les Davis .53M which the 2nd would of lost anyway but odd didn't show up
forbidden

Post by forbidden »

Just gonna play it safe and say I updated it on my spreadsheet and missed it online but still not certain :)
allenciox

Post by allenciox »

Just a tiny note: players are signed based on "effective salary" not the actual bid. So if you are bidding, say 5 million for a year for an A+ Leadership player already on your team, it would go before a player that you bid, say 4.9 million without a leadership bonus.

Return to “Kevin Brown League”