Injuries

Discussions for the Kevin Brown League.
hclobo

Injuries

Post by hclobo »

I thought I was having a really sh... season this year with injuries, so I decided to do a quick check on this... It turns out, the SD Beast is not doing well, but I shouldn't complain that much. Here are the totals so far for 2079, and since I was doing it, I decided to throw in the totals for 2078 as well.

Injured days...as of 07/02/2079
148  Chicago Cannons 
140  San Francisco Gold
132  Brooklyn Knights
100  Colorado Hi-Flyers 
86  San Diego Beast 
86  New York Pinstriper
84  Tampa Bay Coordinat
77  Washington Writers 
67  Montreal Fanatics
67  Los Angeles Nihilis
50  Los Angeles Warrior
39  Kansas City Steers 
36  Baltimore Daleks
35  Boston Athletics
21  Pittsburgh Pounders
0 Texas Grackles

Injured days....2078
389  Los Angeles Nihilis
317  San Francisco Gold
312  Colorado Hi-Flyers 
296  Boston Athletics
267  Kansas City Steers 
212  Tampa Bay Coordinat
168  Texas Grackles
158  Los Angeles Warrior
149  Pittsburgh Pounders
135  San Diego Beast
119  New York Pinstriper
113  Washington Writers 
106  Montreal Fanatics
88  Brooklyn Knights
80  Baltimore Daleks
40  Chicago Cannons
allenciox

Re: Injuries

Post by allenciox »

Thanks for your work, hclobo! As the proud owner of the team who has had the most total days lost to injury over the last two seasons, I have a few notes:

1. This league uses injury system 3, which has more injuries for pitchers than injury system 2 which is used for all dynasty and many speed leagues.
2. I always try to make sure that I have two quality pitchers and one quality player that can play any given position in the minor leagues, as I know that the injuries will come --- many years there will be occasions when I have three injured pitchers at one time (in fact, that is the case with my team as I am writing this).
3. Another approach for avoiding injuries is having high health ratings on your players. I do not prioritize health as much as many owners, as a consequence I tend to get more injuries, but...
4. Another "positive" way of looking at injuries (and low health on primary players) is a way to get your younger players more experience so that they will progress faster.

Jim
boraiders34

Post by boraiders34 »

Nice data! Colorado is up there in injuries because of all the outdoor activity here gets players hurt on off-days. Just ask Madison Bumgarner.

I'm actually similar to Jim in that I don't prioritize health on players so my team is generally made up of green and yellow health guys. I like to platoon a lot though which sometimes helps limit the damage when injuries hit. (Not that this strategy has been doing too well...)
bflood

Post by bflood »

Showing up is about the only thing my team does well.

Return to “Kevin Brown League”