what the?

Discussions for the Kevin Brown League.
MidnightHurricane

Re: what the?

Post by MidnightHurricane »

lets say on day 1 of the free agency .. I bid on a player, do the other owners see my offer, so they can out bid me?
allenciox

Re: what the?

Post by allenciox »

Yes, they can, and you can see their bids. If you click on GM-> View bids, it shows the last bids on every player that has or hasn't yet chosen a team. So if you do that now, you will see the day 4 status of all the players from this year. Note that this shows the bids on a player when that player signed, so when you are looking at day 4 like this, it shows all players that were signed from day 1 to day 4. Boldface indicates a team got the player in question, note it is not always the highest bidding team... it will be unless that team has already signed enough players that signing this one would take them over the cap they have listed on the free agents page. I would advise looking over the bids on that page to get a sense of what kind of bid is needed to get the best players.

Some basic guidelines: I will talk of tiers here. Consider A as 84-91, A- as 76-83, B+ as 68-75. I will normally speak in terms of these numbers below, in 4-point increments. so a player at 83 is almost an A, etc. and modified by abilities... for example, An A+(vel),B-(ctrl) pitcher with an "overall" rating of A- I would really consider it to be in the 72-75 range, while a B-/A+ (A- overall) pitcher would be in the 80-83 range; since control is significantly more important in a pitcher than velocity.

Starting Pitchers: These are the most in demand and will require significant investments, an A (>84) overall starting pitcher will generally need a bid of $12 to $16 million to acquire. 80-83 SPs can be had usually from $9 to $12 million, 76-79: $6 to $10 million, 72-75 $2 million to $6 million.

Relief Pitchers: Consider these for pitchers whose endurance is C or below. For C+ endurance pitchers, it might be a million or so more, because some teams will use those as starters, since the price for true starters is so high. 84+: $7.5 to $11 million, 80-83: $5 to $9 million, 76-79: $2 to $5 million, <76 $0.5 to $2.5 million

Catchers: these are the most expensive "regular" players, since every team needs two of them, with no substitutes. >84: $9 to $12 million, 80-83: $6 to $9 million, 76-79: $4 to $7 million, 72-75: $2 to $4 million, < 72 $0.5 to $2 million

Other batters: >84: $8 to $13 million, 80-83: $4 to $8 million, 76-79: $2 to $5 million,< 76: $0.5 to $2.5 million

Very often, the best prices are found on the first day, with the worst on the third or fourth day. However, there are situations where you might get bargains on the third or fourth day when some teams are approaching salary cap while some outstanding players are still available.

Return to “Kevin Brown League”