Please welcome the new Hall-of-Famers for the Kevin Brown league!

Discussions for the Kevin Brown League.
allenciox

Please welcome the new Hall-of-Famers for the Kevin Brown league!

Post by allenciox »

This year we have two hall-of-fame inductees: Third-Baseman Joe Rettger, who retired in 2079, and Center-Fielder Bruce Dierker, who retired in 2078.

Joe Rettger ( http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=125 ... imps=stats) had a career spanning 18 years. An all star for six of seven years between 2069 and 2075, he also was a four-time Golden Glove award winner --- twice at third base, and twice at second.

His best year was undoubtedly his MVP year, in 2069, in which he had the best OPS (1.008), OBP (.441), SLG (.567) AND batting average (.360) in the majors. He also led the league in OPS and OBP in 2073 --- a year he spent with three different teams! His career OBP, at .366, is 76th best in Kevin Brown league history.

Bruce Dierker's (http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12522882) career spanned 19 years. He was a first-team all-star for an amazing seven straight years, from 2066 to 2072. He also was an all-star reserve in one additional season, 2074. Like Joe, he also won four golden gloves, although his were all for his stellar centerfield play.

His MVP season was 2068, when he led the league in OPS (1.004), OBP (.418), SLG (.586), and Batting average (.350). But what he was really known for was his lightning speed --- whether it was chasing down apparently uncatchable line drives to the outfield, or running the base paths. Twice he led the league in stolen bases, and his lifetime total of 513 (against getting caught only 140 times!!!) is thirteenth best in Kevin Brown league history.

Please make time to welcome these deserving players at our Hall-of-Fame banquet on July 3, 2081. Both players will be in attendance and you can congratulate them then. Joe has asked that an oldtimer's baseball game be played... it is said that even in retirement he is still better than many infielders still playing every day.
GhostofKong

Re: Please welcome the new Hall-of-Famers for the Kevin Brown league!

Post by GhostofKong »

Awesome! Thank you!
Underdog1629

Post by Underdog1629 »

Great work! Thanks for updating the HOF.
allenciox

Post by allenciox »

By the way, I scour the retirement news after end-of-season to try to pick up free agent candidates, but it is quite possible I miss some good ones. If anybody finds someone deserving who I have missed, let me know so I can add them!
boraiders34

Post by boraiders34 »

Great write-ups, 2 worthy inclusions. Rettger was still serviceable in his 40s and could arguably have stuck around for another few seasons!

Return to “Kevin Brown League”