Hall of Fame

Discussions for the Jeter Wood League.

Moderators: dabigtrain, Pierzynski

mrspikey

Hall of Fame

Post by mrspikey »

The Jeter-Wood league currently does not have a Hall of Fame.

Is there interest in one?

I think it would have to be based upon statistics from the combined leagues.

I would be willing to set it up.
chicubs3267

Re: Hall of Fame

Post by chicubs3267 »

I think that's a great idea...and thanks for offering to set it up!
fg

Post by fg »

sounds good
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

That would be awesome! This league is always quiet, any way to spark some interaction is good...
The Land of Pleasant Living
raverob

Post by raverob »

Yes for sure Thanks for the commitment :D
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

dabigtrain is the current Hall of Fame coordinator, in addition to being the Commish. If he decides to turn over the keys to the Hall of Fame he can set that up through his Commish menu.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
dabigtrain

Post by dabigtrain »

Didn't realize I was... turning it over right now.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

dabigtrain wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:16 pm Didn't realize I was... turning it over right now.
I see it... the HOF page was incorrectly reporting that the HOF was turned off, rather than that it existed but was empty. This is fixed.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Minions

Post by Minions »

Great, how do you think we should start the HOF list. Should it be a massive initial vote, or done in stages? And should we expect you to be the one to go through everything? I'm thinking for now anyone who wants to consider a candidate from both leagues needs to do the gruntwork and submit the players for consideration.
Greyfan

Post by Greyfan »

I agree. I think nominations should come from team owners, in the year of retirement after initial nominations from entire past history. Perhaps some minimum statistical standards, with automatic entries for some achievements like 3,000 hits, 300 wins, or multiple all star teams, and votes on candidates who are nominated but don't meet automatic standards? Also HOF commissioner might have to search back history of teams with newer owners who might not care about the past of their team before they took over...they should notify mrspikey if that's the case.

Return to “Jeter Wood League”