Last year for Arizona

Discussions for the Jeter Wood League.

Moderators: dabigtrain, Pierzynski

scooter231

Last year for Arizona

Post by scooter231 »

It was fun playing with everyone but this will be my last year. I had fun but what I really like is the statistical aspect of the game. This being our/mine 2nd reincarnation of the league has ended up loosing my interest. I will finish out this year as best as I can. Good luck to all!
dabigtrain

Re: Last year for Arizona

Post by dabigtrain »

Sorry to hear you're going, Scooter.

I asked Beanballs if he would be interested in coming back, and he said only if he'd have his old team back, which at this point isn't possible. So, I'll post Arizona for replacement. If anyone has a SimD-comrade who might be interested, please pass on the info; we all know how tough it is to get a team noticed on the Replacement Teams Available list.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

I asked Chris one more time if he could bring back the Bohs, I figured it could not hurt to ask again, I would renew immediately if he can (and the league is okay with it).

It is a shame that Arizona could not have said something when we were discussing this, you guys cannot be far into the first season...
The Land of Pleasant Living
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I don't know of any way to add a team of players to an existing league without scrambling the database. If this was something we could do, we wouldn't need merges. We'd just move teams around. Also, the team isn't leaving now, it is going to finish the season.

On the other hand, the only history that will be screwed up is this first season. I'll see if I can figure something out. Worst case we re-merge at the end of the season and just write off the history of this one season (although I prefer not to).

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

Thank you Chris for trying. The only reason I left was so the league could go from 17 (we had 7 teams for sale) to the 16 for this league, it really was tough for the competitve balance of the league with that many open teams (and all the work that train had to do to monitor those squads).

Several owners are here that I recruited to the league, it will be good to be back just missing one season...
The Land of Pleasant Living
scooter231

Post by scooter231 »

I would have step aside last season but I forgot that we reset everything.
MortonsFork

Post by MortonsFork »

For many reasons, Beanballs ought to be in this league, amirite? So I'm totally cool with having a hiccup season in 1989 if it's as easy as re-merging.

Chris, I'm aware that the word "easy" in this context doesn't really apply to admin; sorry. I'm grateful for all your efforts; you're helping us keep this league elite.
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

When I saw that a team in the JWL was available, I was going to jump on it. I've been hoping to join this league since I first heard about it. That said, I don't want to interfere with Beanballs' return to the league. Just do me a favor and let me know when another team is available. Thanks, guys.
dabigtrain

Post by dabigtrain »

OK, folks, I've heard nothing more from Admin regarding this: "On the other hand, the only history that will be screwed up is this first season. I'll see if I can figure something out. Worst case we re-merge at the end of the season and just write off the history of this one season (although I prefer not to)."

I doubt there will be a fix to bring Beanball's team from the old league into this one. Given that, what do you all think: finish this season, then re-merge with Beanballs and without Arizona (thus making this season a non-factor)? Or plow ahead and put Arizona up for replacement?
Minions

Post by Minions »

I say remerge. Beanballs is a huge asset and reliable owner. He only left to make the merger go smoothly, and approve bringing his team back.

Return to “Jeter Wood League”