Time to vote, everyone

Discussions for the Jeter Wood League.

Moderators: dabigtrain, Pierzynski

Would you rather remerge or forge ahead?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:37 pm

Remerge, removing 1989 from all records
70%
Forge ahead to 1990
30%

Total votes: 10

dabigtrain

Time to vote, everyone

Post by dabigtrain »

First, please take a look at the "Last Year for Arizona" thread, if you haven't already, and then chime in on this poll. Would you rather:
- re-merge the leagues, starting at 1989 again (obliterating this year, I think), removing Arizona (scooter231) and adding back Beanballs, or
- press ahead with 1990, making Arizona available on the replacement teams list?
dwjapp

Re: Time to vote, everyone

Post by dwjapp »

So basically i might have the opportunity to replay this lousy season again. Sounds and will feel like the movie groundhogs day.
MortonsFork

Post by MortonsFork »

@dwjapp: Well yeah, fair comment. We're all in different situations, and you're in a tough spot; nobody can say how you should vote but you yourself. But maybe if you re-roll it'll be luckier? Its like the MLBPA called a strike and the season had to be canceled. Nobody's judging here, we just need to make a decision as a league how to proceed. My two cents -- Morty
raverob

Post by raverob »

Im good either way
fg

Post by fg »

for trades that happened this season, do they stick or do we revert to rosters from the beginning of the season?
fg

Post by fg »

plus does this mean we have a new draft for the 89 season?
Greyfan

Post by Greyfan »

I voted remerge, but if we can forge ahead and add Beanballs back in I imagine most everybody is for that, keeping the '89 season.
MortonsFork

Post by MortonsFork »

1) @greyfan:
I voted remerge, but if we can forge ahead and add Beanballs back in I imagine most everybody is for that, keeping the '89 season.
- For sure.

2) If admin can develop tools that allow customized changes to league size and makeup then Sim Dynasty itself has a stronger product and a brighter future; we all benefit from this outcome. Thus it's in our interest to participate in this sort of experimenting, especially when there are other good reasons to do so (Beanballs' participation and no need to find a new owner).

3) @admin:
Likely places for issues would be on player cards for the old and new team, draft results, future draft picks (hopefully Arizona hasn't traded any) and the All-Star page.
FWIW none of this is of concern to me personally as long as access to a player's complete history of stats and improvements year-by-year is maintained. That is to say if player stats or improvement history would (or might) be unavailable, that would be a very serious concern.

Return to “Jeter Wood League”