Maybe no re-merge needed

Discussions for the Jeter Wood League.

Moderators: dabigtrain, Pierzynski

dabigtrain

Maybe no re-merge needed

Post by dabigtrain »

Admin tells me :

"I have some ideas how I can make it happen; I can't guarantee anything and the history for this first season may look screwy if the departing team is in the playoffs....
I need to do it after the offseason runs, in case it causes uncorrectable issues and I have to actually re-merge. Likely places for issues would be on player cards for the old and new team, draft results, future draft picks (hopefully Arizona hasn't traded any) and the All-Star page.

Basically I need to create a custom version of the merge that overrides the corrections for draft history and anything else that plugs into a history-related item. If it works, it's actually going to be a useful tool."

I told him the departing team is definitely not going to the playoffs and hasn't traded picks. So, expect a pause at the end of this season while he tries to bring Beanballs' team into the league in 1990 after a one year break. If it works, we'll just forge ahead at that point.
Beanballs

Re: Maybe no re-merge needed

Post by Beanballs »

Great news, I look forward to my return to the league after our one year sabbatical! Good luck to all the teams down the stretch and in the playoffs...
The Land of Pleasant Living
Beanballs

Re: Maybe no re-merge needed

Post by Beanballs »

And thanks to Chris for making this happen...
The Land of Pleasant Living

Return to “Jeter Wood League”