"D" DAY!

Discussions for the Luis Aparicio League.

Moderator: 262run

262run

"D" DAY!

Post by 262run »

That is "D" for disaster! We already have 2 teams for sale, Milwaukee and Brooklyn. I have now received requests from Oakland, San Diego, Huston, and Colorado that they want to leave! This league WILL NOT SURVIVE this type of exodus!!!!! We have been a progressive, agreeable, and professional group of owners for 72 seasons. SEVENTY-TWO!!!! I can only hope that everyone can simply accept the outcome of trades and trade complaints based on the rules of the game that we all know exist, and have accepted simply by playing the game. If this league folds, it will truly be a shame because there is not another one like it.
Hoping you all stay! Grieving if you don't.
Jim~
MortonsFork

Re: "D" DAY!

Post by MortonsFork »

Any chance we can regroup as a league around the loss of SD and Oakland and go forward from there?
ptech

Post by ptech »

MortonsFork wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:52 am Any chance we can regroup as a league around the loss of SD and Oakland and go forward from there?
Nail meet coffin.

Bye all.
lyle

Post by lyle »

I work a lot in the summer. Have not kept up with back story. I hope everyone calms down. Lets the vote process proceed and see from there. I understand family in the same house have teams. I have had real life friends play this game. It is great to be able to recruit family and friends to this game. That in it self should not be a monster crime. And for unfairness the trade protest or general complaints to Management, Tyson and now Chris, work well. I too don't want major damage done to a league that has been around a long time and has been a smooth run league.
MortonsFork

Post by MortonsFork »

First of all, major damage has already been done. LAL's current issue is to determine if it's possible to survive.

Secondly, this is not a "can't we all just get along?" kind of deal: if there is collusion between owners in a game such as this it's tantamount to cheating, and one simply does not engage in playing games with those who cheat.

Nobody thinks more highly of this league than I do, though I'm a relative newcomer. I don't want to lose it. But we will if we don't figure a way to deal with this mess directly. Hence my earlier suggestion.

My two cents -- Morty
262run

Post by 262run »

Since Oakland and San Diego have decided to exit the league immediately, I am hoping everyone will reconsider and give this fine league the chance to re-build!
Jim~
robmb

Post by robmb »

Do we know what the status of the last trade vote is?
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

I will stay with their departures, provided that trade is overturned and the draft pick is returned to Oakland (the previous damage cannot be reversed).

I apologize to the league for being the one that initialized this episode, but I remain firm in my belief that what was happening between those two teams (whether illegal or not) was something that was not kosher and honestly I should have said more a long time ago...
The Land of Pleasant Living
robmb

Post by robmb »

I also indicated that I will stay, and also would like to see that grossly one sided trade reversed.
Roaddog

Post by Roaddog »

I don't have any plans to leave. Glad robmb and Beanballs are staying.

Return to “Luis Aparicio League”