Tim Johnson - Error

Discussions for the Luis Aparicio League.

Moderator: 262run

ukmocha

Tim Johnson - Error

Post by ukmocha »

The Cleveland Ragin Injuns have acquired Tim Johnson from the waiver wire.

This has to be an error. LAA waives a very good B+ rookie?

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12609946
Beanballs

Re: Tim Johnson - Error

Post by Beanballs »

I missed this one, yeah there had to be an error that guy has too much value and upside to go for free...
The Land of Pleasant Living
ukmocha

Post by ukmocha »

The commish should reach out to the owner and send him back if there was an error.
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

You can't always tell by looking at the ratings. Take a look at my current closer (PIT), or my entire bullpen for that matter. He looks great on paper but his performance the past season+ has been terrible.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

The ratings are everything though (any performance variations are simply the ranges in the sample size possibilities), the game is basically coin flips that are weighted up or down by the numerical values under the letter.

Here are some quick comps of where Johnson will end up:

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=124 ... rimps=past

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=123 ... rimps=past

and not perfect but close:

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=125 ... imps=stats

All are not studs but they are quality players that have value, at os24 Johnson will gain 1-2 grades in every category (ones that he is higher in he will lean towards the one).

He would have significant value in that his prime improvement years are ahead of him.

I would not want to guestimate what he would fetch in return for a trade, but it would be something of quality and much higher than nothing, so I am also wondering if it was an error.
262run

Post by 262run »

Note To LAA: Hi Dick! As you may notice in the forums, there is some concern amongst some owners about whether Tim Johnson was released in error, or deliberately . Please let me know if this was a mistake on your part. If so, I will certainly send him back to you.

Thanks!

Jim~

(This was also sent to LAA via U2U)
dwilson

Re:

Post by dwilson »

:arrow:
Last edited by dwilson on Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MortonsFork

Post by MortonsFork »

I was going to post about how great it is to be in this league because a possible mistake by an owner is recognized and everybody gets behind an effort to restore equity. That is, until I read the previous note from Dick, which is extremely upsetting. Cheating??? That's completely preposterous. I do not know who is leveling such a silly charge, and I don't particularly care, but I have this to say to whomever it might be: please ask your kindergarten teacher about "fair play" and "social responsibility."
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

No one accused anyone of cheating (Dick you have been one of the best owners here to negotiate with and you have been an upstanding owner since you have arrived here), it was just pointed out that it had to have been an error as to why you lost him.

Looking at the transaction it was from when you acquired Judge Wright from the waiver wire, designating for assigment Johnson was the corresponding move by ABE to get you back to 25 on the active roster.

Those transactions happen all the time and there is not an email or u2u that is generated to communicate that transaction, what I might suggest is if you have not already done so go to Owner---Owner Profile and make sure that there is a check mark next to "Receive an email for my team's waiver activities". That will notify you when one of your guys is claimed on the waiver wire, allowing for you to go back and reclaim the player or just let him go.

I am sure if Jim wants to keep him he can offer up a suitable return for the player, but I would advise you Dick to take the player back, he will help you for a long time.

If you have an questions feel free to ask, this is a great group here and there was not any malice in any of the posts (we just wanted to protect you and your interests)...
dwilson

Post by dwilson »

OK, I probably overreacted. I took a couple posts as suggesting I waived him on purpose and now I want him back. Not the case. I didn't plan on waving him because he is young. I am good with the waiver claim.

Let's just play ball.

Forgive for the harsh reply, It won't happen again!

Dick
Last edited by dwilson on Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Luis Aparicio League”