Proper and considerate proceedure

Discussions for the Luis Aparicio League.

Moderator: 262run

262run

Proper and considerate proceedure

Post by 262run »

I want to address the situation regarding the processes in dealing with situations such as the recent waiver wire acquisition of Tim Johnson, or any other activity that may concern us as owners.

First, since my team acquired Johnson, I want to assure you that fact has nothing to do with what I am presenting here. My concern is the health of the league and the respect for fellow owners.

I have no doubt that the intentions here were sincere on everyone's part. I fully support the theory that if something does not "feel" right to you as an owner, you should speak up. Here is the caveat in this, and in most situations. There is no need to create a public referendum in many cases such as this one. A private message can be sent to an owner pointing out a possible discrepancy. Then that owner can take charge of a correction if it is indeed necessary. I do not believe there is an owner in this league that would not release a player or reverse a trade if an honest mistake was made. Of course, if a trade seems imbalanced, by all means submit a report of an unfair trade.

Another problem with "going public" is creating an atmosphere of second guessing the wisdom or knowledge of an owner. This can easily become a personal assault. As commissioner, I am more than happy to act as an intermediary in any situation, as I would have in this case if given notice of concern. This is a great group of people, and I want it to remain so. Please consider the implications of what is written or even insinuated in the message boards.

Regarding this most recent incident, I assure you Dick and I are now in communication with each other, and the correct and honest consequence will follow.

Best regards to you all, and have a productive and enjoyable season either winning or re-building!

Jim~
historymann49

Re: Proper and considerate proceedure

Post by historymann49 »

Well said.

Return to “Luis Aparicio League”