A bright spot in a dark season

Discussions for the Luis Aparicio League.

Moderator: 262run

meat1968

A bright spot in a dark season

Post by meat1968 »

In what's become a lost season for the 2023 Warriors, one bright spot was the first MLB hit and RBI for 21 year old third baseman, Jeff Nealon, in his first big league at bat.

"Yeah, it was an 0-2 fastball and I got some good wood on it. Just trying to do what I can to help out the team" offered Nealon in his post game interview. Nealon just missed a 2 run homer in the fourth, a ball that appeared to graze the left field foul pole. "I thought I mighta had it there in the fourth, but I guess it missed the pole"

Warriors skipper Trench Morrison, who also singled in his first career at bat, added "Kid's got a nice swing and a good attitude. Looking forward to seeing that swing a lot more in the years to come". Morrison, who's on the hot seat for another lost season knows a thing or two about hitting, amassing over 3000 hits in his 17 year career.

Nealon and the Warriors will face Toronto's young fireballer Fritz Cuellar (14-4, 3.43 ERA) tonight at Penalty Box Stadium in Toronto - first pitch 7:05 EST.
kswetnam

Re: A bright spot in a dark season

Post by kswetnam »

:mrgreen:

Return to “Luis Aparicio League”