looks like Texas has a couple farm teams

Discussions for the Chuck Tanner League.
Jackboot

looks like Texas has a couple farm teams

Post by Jackboot »

only been here a couple of seasons,but it looks to me like Texas has a pipeline for A and A- pitchers in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia while giving up marginal players...ain't gonna bother protesting,but i will be rooting for Anaheim the rest of the way
GregoryZenwirt

Re: looks like Texas has a couple farm teams

Post by GregoryZenwirt »

Pittsburgh didn't have a CF on its roster, so it's completely reasonable to take on a B+ CF and spare parts for an A- pitcher with a 5.05 ERA.

If you look at the trade I made for their A- reliever in 1950, the players they got back consist of 2 pitchers that are, as of 1952, rated B+. It is not my fault that their owner chooses to keep one of them in the minors while he has 2 relievers with an ERA over 7.00.
Jackboot

Post by Jackboot »

your response seems credible,but the bottom line is this.....Texas recieved 2 A- players and one A player,and gave up B+ players or less in each transaction.....BIG advantage for Texas....i'm still rooting for Anaheim...and maybe Cleveland,too...no hard feelings,just an honest observation...it is what it is
GregoryZenwirt

Post by GregoryZenwirt »

I gave up an A- player, 4 B+ players, 6 B players and 6 draft picks for 2 A- players and an A. I was in last place for the first third of 1951, so the 1st round pick for '52 could have been #1 if my team didn't get hot and win the World Series again. Draft picks can be fickle in this way, and if my team didn't heat up I am sure you would not be upset about this at all.
Jackboot

Post by Jackboot »

my guess is that your team didn't "heat up"as you say,it simply started playing up to its abilities with another A player and another A- pitcher...your defense of these trades simply proves my point.....it would be interesting to go back to previous seasons and see how many trades you have made with Philadelphia And/or Pittsburgh and what they looked like...probably isn't possible but it would be interesting...still rooting for Anaheim...you already have two championships this tour...it is someone else's turn

Return to “Chuck Tanner League”