Future of this league

Discussions for the Dave Winfield League.

Moderator: mattman5555

mrtwolff

Future of this league

Post by mrtwolff »

Hey guys

I chaperone the KC team. Really like the system 4 minors and own a team in the Andres Galarraga which has the same system. Think these are the only 2 leagues that do... please correct me if I am wrong.

It looks like The DWL currently has 10 active owners.
Andres Galarraga is down to 9 active owners.

An idea was floated over in the AGL to let that league die and start a fresh new system 4 league with our 9 active owners and try to fill it up with owners from this league or by recruiting others.

Would anyone here be interested? The AGL plays only 6 gpd currently but that doesn't necessarily mean the new league would be married to that setting. If a bunch of you were interested we could try to hash out any settings differences and put something together acceptable to all. I've been battling health stuff in real life but would do what I can to get admin on board and the new league up and running. If I go silent for a few days you will know why.

Anyway let me know or feel free to contact the commish over there directly too.
Todd
MBAdam

Re: Future of this league

Post by MBAdam »

I would jump at the idea of a new "merged" league.
Kayarayak

Post by Kayarayak »

I would enjoy a league with all active owners, and perhaps a merger would be the quickest way to achieve that.
Nomar Garciaparra League - Montreal Canucks
Wally Berger League - Milwaukee Gray Sox
Orlando Cepeda League - Blaze
Albert Pujols League - Montreal Expos
Ted Williams League - Washington Greys
mattman5555

Post by mattman5555 »

I'm curious what others think about this. Obviously, it has been a struggle to find owners for some time. I enjoy the settings in this league, but the competitiveness is diminished with 9-11 owners as the norm.

Would any definitely move to a merged league or would any definitely not move?
MBAdam

Post by MBAdam »

As long as it stays system 4 (or 3), I would definitely join the new league. Heck, if its a truly new league starting in 1950, that would be even cooler. Been a LONG time since I was involved in the 1950 season.
chmela11

Post by chmela11 »

At least 18 games a day?
texans

Post by texans »

Open to the idea if DWL settings and games per day would be used. Might be OK with drop to 15 games per day but anything less, I'm out.
jay15

Post by jay15 »

For me as well anything under 15 gpd doesn't interest me but I would be up for a merger if it improves the league.

Return to “Dave Winfield League”