Tanking Survey Results

Discussions for the Mark Fidrych League.

Moderator: carlyaz

carlyaz

Tanking Survey Results

Post by carlyaz » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:59 am

We had 11 of our 16 owners respond to the survey. The average ended up being 1.77. Totals were as follows: Score of 4- 1 owner, Score of 3.5- 1 owner, Score of 3 - 1 owner, Score of 2 - 1 owner, Score of 1 - 7 owners.

It seems the majority of owners do not feel that tanking is having a large negative impact in our league. With the results of the survey, I think it is best to continue with the type of play (regarding tanking) that we have been playing by since the inception of the league.
If you as an opposing owner feel that a fellow league member is grossly rostering player's to improve their draft status during a rebuild, I see two paths you can take towards finding out what that owner's reasoning is for your view of "excessive" tanking. The first would be to inquire with the owner directly what their reasoning is. If you don't get a response or do not feel the response is fair and reasonable, then you can send me your concern and I will either message the owner regarding the issue or let you know that your concern is unwarranted. If you feel you have a "strained" history with a specific owner, you can skip the first path and go directly with a message to me.
I know that is not a perfect solution for all. But, with the results of the survey and the fact that there has not been a large amount of concern regarding this over the past several decades of our league play, I feel we should continue rebuilds in the same manner as we have.
As I stated in my original post, I think we have a group of excellent owners and I feel that each of you rebuild in a way that is fair and reasonable to all owners in the league. Some great thoughts were shared throughout this process and I ask that each of us try to rebuild using players that will help your squad now or in the future by using players that are worthy of being on your major league roster in terms of rating grades and/or mentoring compared to the player in your minors and the waiver wire. I hope we can work our way through this concern and continue to compete hard and enjoy ourselves in doing so.
If you wish to comment on this post, feel free to respond within this post or send me a message. Thank you to all who took part in the survey and shared their thoughts and opinions regarding this topic.
Mark (carlyaz)

Bugz

Re: Tanking Survey Results

Post by Bugz » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:06 am

Though I don't necessarily agree with the majority of owners here, this addresses the purposes of my public post: 1) to see if others share my concerns; and 2) to ask what should be done in the future.

Thanks carlyaz

rer1972

Post by rer1972 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:48 am

Thanks Mark

daytonjake

Post by daytonjake » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:51 am

Thanks Mark

robbie_d_11_05

Post by robbie_d_11_05 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:54 am

"Tanks" Mark

Frankenstrat

Post by Frankenstrat » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:26 am

Well, opinions aside, numbers are numbers, though unfortunately we couldn't get 100% participation. That doesn't mean opinions don't matter in this league, simply that in this particular case, democratically, it doesn't seem like the majority feels like this is a MAJOR issue. That isn't to say it's not concerning, but just that maybe it's not a pervasive problem at this point. Still, it pays to be aware so we can try to keep the integrity of the league intact, so I feel like this was a worthwhile experience. Good looking out, Bugz, and thanks to all who participated.

Return to “Mark Fidrych League”