Upcoming Draft

Discussions for the Mark Fidrych League.

Moderator: carlyaz

djjetz

Upcoming Draft

Post by djjetz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:55 pm

Is it just me or is the upcoming draft really weak? There are no players out of the Top 10 that are worth putting CP's on. It's bad enough that every year at least half of the drafted players go to waivers. Why do we even have 5 rounds? Drafted players from rounds 4 and 5 go straight to waivers anyways. So, it sucks even more when the first 3 rounds are short of talent. Plus, if you traded away one of your top players for a 1st round pick, you just got screwed. you traded away your All-Star OF with A ratings for a 21 yr old SS with C+ contact and D power. We need more talent in these drafts or at least younger prospects. If you can get 16-19yr olds into the 3rd or 4th rounds, even if they have D ratings, it's worth drafting and keeping in the minors. You never know how they build up. But when you're drafting guys 22, 23 yrs old they won't improve.

Anybody with me on this? We should message the SIMDynasty support team or whoever does the draft.

Bugz

Re: Upcoming Draft

Post by Bugz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:48 pm

Agreed. This might be the worst draft class in this league's entire history. And yes, I have seen them all.

That said, my picks are all available if you're willing to pay! ;)

ptech

Re: Upcoming Draft

Post by ptech » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:37 pm

There have been worse than this, but not many.

Great year to have 4 first's...

Return to “Mark Fidrych League”