Trying to do it with "Openers"

Discussions for the Mark Fidrych League.

Moderator: carlyaz

262run

Trying to do it with "Openers"

Post by 262run »

This has turned out to be an experiment by necessity. My previous draft positions, starter availability, and selecting quality relievers with the hopes they could improve the endurance enough to become a starter has left me in this position. NO STARTERS! So I have a bunch of good relievers starting, with settings to pull them quickly. I have a 7th man in the pen due to the additional burden. Sometimes it works, sometimes it blows up, much like MLB. It sort of all fell apart the second half of last season, but I am hoping for better this season. I don't prefer this approach, but you do what you have to. If it doesn't work, I will use the wreaking ball and start over!

Jim~ :?:
blumer5

Re: Trying to do it with "Openers"

Post by blumer5 »

Did that in the RSL when i had a great hitting team and a ton of hitting depth. Most frown upon it because you can easily break certain records with the use of it. I had a pitcher win 50+ games because my starters never went more than 3 innings because they would be pinch hit for them the 1st at bat. I think its a great stratgey because RP can be had cheaper than SP, so you can build a great bullpen and have the assets to acquire the hitting depth to really be good.
Bugz

Post by Bugz »

Your starters seem to be pitching 5-6 innings though (which C+ control can handle) and seem more like low innings starters than openers. I do think that's a good strategy mind you.
blumer5

Post by blumer5 »

You need to adjust your SB settings. Your % is terrible and is what is keeping your from score more runs.

Return to “Mark Fidrych League”