109 wins gets nothing

Discussions for the Dennis Eckersley League.
rodrayha

109 wins gets nothing

Post by rodrayha »

That is the most wins I have seen by a team that did not make the playoffs. All that gets me is the worst draft position for a non playoff team
Vinnland

Re: 109 wins gets nothing

Post by Vinnland »

i think i had 115 once in a league a while back and finished third.yeah it blows.if this league was full the results might be different
co_daddy

Post by co_daddy »

That's a tough pill to swallow.

I've been there though.
bdavids28

Post by bdavids28 »

It is looking like this season we could have a 115+ win team, and an additional 100+ win team, left out. I figure it'll be this way for the foreseeable future in the AL, with what amounts to 4 major league teams with good owners, and 4 abandoned, minor league caliber teams on our schedules.

With really no trades to be made, it's the 4 of us competing straight up every year, trying to best replenish our rosters and keep them going year to year the best we can in the draft and free agency. And all the while, our star players put up some cartoonish numbers, bolstered by beating up on those 4 abandoned teams.

And the NL is not all that different from all this; just 3 good owners playing with 5 unowned, rather than 4 and 4.

Once I came to terms with all this, in a strange way I started to enjoy the DEL again. This league sure is an interesting corner of SD purgatory. :)
Vinnland

Post by Vinnland »

im odd man out this year with 115 wins.ill shoot for 130 next year :D

Return to “Dennis Eckersley League”