revitalize the league.

Discussions for the Dennis Eckersley League.
stahler72

revitalize the league.

Post by stahler72 »

What can be done to revitalize the league?

1. Commish Vinnland, can you petition admin to discount the new signup costs?
2. Any of the chapperones, interested in staying/buying?
3. Commish Vinnland, can you reach out to some of the long time owners that have left, like Ty and ask them to come back?
4. Can the remaining active owners that are left start drumming up new owners in their other league?

Thoughts?
Vinnland

Re: revitalize the league.

Post by Vinnland »

I will do all 4 to start, keeping everyone up to date on progress within 48-72 hours giving both sides(admin and us) time to respond and initiate further dialogue I have a couple of ideas that will fill the league up..one being each owner have 2 teams one in majors ,one in AAA.i saw this in another league run by CrazedCougar.i have to explore further.just got home .work nights 11p-8a EST but since I stay up for several hours and go to sleep in afternoon.should be able to do all 4 today.continue to send thoughts and ideas .all will be discussed thoroughly amongst us.we have nowhere to go but up :D
bdavids28

Post by bdavids28 »

As a chaperone I am not interested in buying, but have made efforts recently to drum up interest in getting this Washington franchise sold (see Game and Site questions, and Team and draft help sections for the post). But so far no luck.

So while I will stay chaperone for as long as it takes to get the team a buyer, I am ready to hand it off when that happens.

Maybe you all can get some momentum going regarding a merge? It's been talked about in the past but didn't go anywhere.
Vinnland

Post by Vinnland »

that is being considered also but with so many leagues in the same boat im not holding my breath .ill float that out there too..I've got to clean up a few teams too :D Ron Santo league would be a decent fit for us they have about the same number out Leonard is the Commish there.ill contact him also :D
stahler72

Post by stahler72 »

I personally do not want to merge.... the reason this league is important to me is the history (stats, records etc.) I have over 122 seasons in here and this was my first league.
Vinnland

Post by Vinnland »

i will do everything in my power to keep the doors open.unless Admin themselves decides to close it themselves so this I why im thinking about the two team league.im discussing with GF about her buying a team .she has her own email and i will disclose it if and when that time comes.it may be an existing one being managed by a chaperone which will allow them to move to the next team,but i have to look at the teams objectively.i have about 10 owners that know me from other leagues that I will ask them what system they prefer.i prefer system 5 because you can develop many at a time but ill make it work regardless the system.not sure about variable tho, just being honest.every idea will be brought to the table.i wish i could have a job of just merging leagues..they would triple the money.id rather have 30 leagues of 24 owners that 720 paying owners.then expand from there when needed
Vinnland

Post by Vinnland »

as it stands there are 166 leagues including trial leagues
BondsBarry

Post by BondsBarry »

i would like the league to stay as is also. would hate to see it merge. I was part of the jimmy foxx league that had the minor leagues giving everyone two teams.. Teams dropped like crazy in that one
Vinnland

Post by Vinnland »

will do everything to keep league as is..still fixing teams and waiting on word back from admin
Vinnland

Post by Vinnland »

so much for that..ill take credits if this is the only recourse

Return to “Dennis Eckersley League”