League future

Discussions for the Dennis Eckersley League.
Admin
Site Admin

League future

Post by Admin »

I have put the DynastyBot in charge of the inactive teams to clean up the rosters.

We have five non-chaperone owners. That is not enough for the league to ever fully recover from.

We have a couple of options:

1: Let the league run: The unowned teams will stay controlled by the bot but not be for sale, and the league will continue as long as the remaining five want to keep playing.

2: Merge: We have several merges in progress. Although there is not enough league left to really merge, individual teams can move to fill holes in other merges. This might work in combination with "Let the league run", rescuing teams as those slots become available.

3: Shutdown: I transfer your remaining credit plus a couple extra seasons worth to one of the other teams on the available list, or refund it to your account, and you play out the remainder of this season at no cost. This is by far the easiest option.

Please let me know which of these options you prefer. Thank you!

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
bdavids28

Re: League future

Post by bdavids28 »

Thank you Chris.

Only my opinion here but since no responses have been given yet, I think #3 is a very fair and generous offer to the 5 paying owners.

We all have been able to see the writing on the wall for a long time here and it would seem selfish to insist the league keep going indefinitely with 5 paying owners, 3 chaperones, and 8 bots. With #3 - which is really like getting the positives of #2 as well in that it's helping other leagues - I think the paying owners benefit and so does the site. Win/win.

But again, this is only my opinion and I hope it is found to have been worth sharing.
Last edited by bdavids28 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BondsBarry

Post by BondsBarry »

I agree with #3
I will take the atlanta team in the robin yount and you can switch me now. Sent a pm to admin and opened a ticket requesting this transfer over a week ago as well
Vinnland

Post by Vinnland »

stahler72

Post by stahler72 »

3 would be ideal for me since you stated it is past any point of recovery.

I do no want to merge... the main reason I am still here is the history of this league.
stahler72

Post by stahler72 »

How soon would the league be shutting down if that is the route being taken.
stahler72

Post by stahler72 »

drive by admining..... post and then poof.... nothing.
texans

Post by texans »

Based on replies it seems like 3 is the only choice.

I would prefer to just receive the credits, on par with remaining balance plus the additional for extra seasons. I have not studied the list if available teams so I don't just want to be thrown into some random team.
texans

Post by texans »

Last day of the season so wth is going to happen? Now we have radio silence?
bdavids28

Post by bdavids28 »

I saw the post on the main page about mergers being postponed until April. Maybe we are on that new timetable as well.

Return to “Dennis Eckersley League”