Seattle has bonafide superstars available w/ multiple years before decline available...

Discussions for the Mike Piazza League.

Moderator: carlyaz

carlyaz

Seattle has bonafide superstars available w/ multiple years before decline available...

Post by carlyaz »

Please send offers, but realize you've got to give to get. Two of these guys finished 1 and 2 in MVP race last year and that was on a non Playoff team. Come and get them. They will make a difference for you.

Mark (carlyaz)
Myrmidon

Re: Seattle has bonafide superstars available w/ multiple years before decline available...

Post by Myrmidon »

Really don't know why your not getting good offers. If I was still competing for a title for sure I would be looking to add. This league is very conservative.
DiamondCutters

Re: Seattle has bonafide superstars available w/ multiple years before decline available...

Post by DiamondCutters »

Agreed. Traded multiple all stars in the offseason. Only received messages from three owners. Selling low because the demand just isn't there.
Easytarget12

Post by Easytarget12 »

Can confirm. As a current buyer, from both of you... when I was selling a few years ago I often simply could not move assets that had objective value. Now that I'm shopping, I'm loathe to pay prices nobody would have paid me, at least as I perceive it! It is fascinating that the trading meta here is different than other leagues. It'll take someone swinging in as a big spender (and having it work) to change it, IMO.
Myrmidon

Post by Myrmidon »

When I am competing I am always swinging big and making big offers to add. It is a big reason why I have had dynasties in this league. It helps me that no one else is making big offers as I usually get the players I'm looking to add. I've also received big offers from Toronto and Seattle when I have sold. I guess it is all in the timing.
husky10

Post by husky10 »

It's easy to sell in this league, as someone who is currently a buyer I would have to say I disagree pretty strongly with what some of you think is a fair deal.
carlyaz

Post by carlyaz »

Interesting points brought up by all. With this crop of guys I'm willing to trade, I feel 3 or 4 of them are a very rare commodity that just doesn't come available often. I feel I have to get some kind of deal where I'm going to get at least one player or one pick (which is a giant crap shoot) to justify dealing them. If I have to wait 5 years for a payoff, but feel that eventually my acquisition will be that, then I'm good to go.If I don't see that opportunity, then I'm OK holding on to them and going with the line up I've got.
If I was an owner trying to actually win some WS titles and put together a dynasty, these guys need to be on your roster. Your odds of winning the WS have to go up drastically.
I'll try to be patient and hope someone feels they want to create a dynasty and have the pieces available to make a deal happen that gives them their dynasty and me something I can bank on in the future.
Regardless of how it turns out, I thought this was a great thread with all of your posts. I appreciate all of your input.

Mark (carlyaz)

Return to “Mike Piazza League”