Seattle's Henderson throws 3rd career no hitter

Discussions for the Mike Piazza League.

Moderator: carlyaz

carlyaz

Seattle's Henderson throws 3rd career no hitter

Post by carlyaz »

On 5/1/2044, Jerry Henderson of the Seattle Mariners, threw another no hitter against Cleveland. Not positive, but I think that makes him the All Time leader in total career no hitters in Mike Piazza League history with three (didn't see any Hall of Fame Pitchers with more than two and don't know of any easy way to find that particular stat). Playoff/WS contenders are encouraged to make a trade offer and put some distance between your team and the other teams vying for the playoffs.

Mark (carlyaz)
dabigtrain

Re: Seattle's Henderson throws 3rd career no hitter

Post by dabigtrain »

Well, instead of working, I thought I'd look into this, 'cause I remembered one of my favorite codebits, Dave Estock held the league record for no-hitters at one time, with two.

If you go to the "News" page, and click "show older news" at the bottom, it will give you a feed going all the way back to 1950. Then I did a find for "no-hitter" and Firefox told me that phrase appears 97 times. I didn't have a quick way to sort those, so I just clicked through and hoped I remembered, as I went, when I saw a name more than once.

So, in addition to Estock, I saw nine more pitchers with two no-hitters:
Johnny Murray
Johan Santana
Fred Jacques
Rob Simpson
Jon Dobbek
Harry Ewing
Jake Boone
Lou Welch
Ben Naranjo

And, along with Henderson, we have two more pitchers with three:
Allen Foxen
Tom Kingsale

Henderson has the rest of this year and two more before he declines, and at least a couple beyond that before retirement; there's no way to predict it, but he does have time to get no-no #4...
carlyaz

Post by carlyaz »

Thank you for checking into this and also sharing your method for figuring out how to find totals on no hitters. I'm still happy to say that Henderson is tied with two others with 3 career no hitters.
ofan1987

Post by ofan1987 »

Congrats to Henderson!!!! Amazing accomplishment from one of the leagues best

Andy Moffat just missed out on his first no hitter, losing it in the 9th inning.
http://www.simdynasty.com/boxscore.jsp? ... d=37311715
carlyaz

Post by carlyaz »

Was just looking over the other two pitchers with 3 no hitters career numbers (as dabigtrain had them linked) and was immediately wondering how did Kingsale miss the HOF? What a career he had. Talk about an injustice and major overlook.

Return to “Mike Piazza League”