Bad owners

Discussions for the Mike Piazza League.

Moderator: carlyaz

ChuckMuncie

Bad owners

Post by ChuckMuncie »

I was looking back at the trade board and noticed that what used to be the CIN Muddsocks and is now the Boston Thundercats came into the league in "32, made no less than 15 trades up until "41 and then promptly disappeared from participating. The trades were never capitalized but the result was that owners benefited immensely from the one sided exchanges. Then these same owners have the gall to brag about the ballsy moves they made and how they have the best players of all time. This is what makes me think time and again that there is cooperation between petty little people who think that by exploiting the system they prove how smart they really are. Way to go!
pinkass

Re: Bad owners

Post by pinkass »

It looks like we have three owners who have not been active since late June. These owners have three of the four worst records for this season. Certainly not an ideal situation. As for trades, I have swung a couple of deals with Boston. In my view, some of the trades in this league are very lopsided but nothing has risen quite to the level of a trade protest; I have thought about it a few times but never quite got there. I for one, seem to value draft picks / youngsters more than some of the other owners in this league and, Chuck, I know that you and I don't at all see eye to eye on trade valuations.

That being said, I'm not quite sure what you are specifically alleging; it sounds like you have dug into trade patterns, and I haven't done that, I have certainly been puzzled by individual trades. I too am not happy with the amount of tanking by some teams in this league but, all in all, this has been a pretty drama-free league that I have enjoyed since the 1973 season. I had some drama with one current owner many years ago, but that has settled down as I just choose to not trade with him. I do applaud you for sending this message publicly and not working behind anyone's back.
ofan1987

Post by ofan1987 »

Sounds like this was directed at me...

Yes, I did get very fortunate in taking over a team that was well set up, but to be fair I have drafted well and made key trades with Atlanta and Florida to keep myself competitive for a decade.

I’m sorry if it ticked you off that I made a post praising my ace starter, but I make a lot of posts... it wasn’t bragging about my own skills as an owner... I simply like to start dialogues and hope we can have owners that are active in conversation, but sadly no one joins in. And yes, it is fun to watch a guy have a great run under your ownership.
escocoach

Post by escocoach »

I have had some family issues that have put this league in the back burner for me,m. In my return I see a post about my team and questionable trades, which is laughable.

Not that I feel I need to justify my actions, but since someone seems upset over an imaginary team here it is.

At the time that I traded Moffat I believe his record was 8-13. I had a team of veteran players that I thought could make a run at a title. So I offered a trade that involved the very young pitin exchange for Lance Jackson who had just had an 18 win season.

And the deal was done.

Whatever moves I made Worked well for me as my team was in the hunt for 6 straight season. 6 playoff appearances, 2 World Series appearances and 1 World Series title.

Moffat has gone off since.

Great job Ofan

Return to “Mike Piazza League”