Game 3, Come on Bobby!

Discussions for the Mike Piazza League.

Moderator: carlyaz

pinkass

Game 3, Come on Bobby!

Post by pinkass »

Washington Ace Marvell Martin threw a no hitter through 7 2/3 innings in Game 3 of the World Series. It was interrupted by former teammate of 8+ seasons, Bob Myers who Washington designated for assignment this June when Milwaukee picked him up. Myers came in to pinch hit and hit a single. He also had a pinch hit (and scored a run) earlier in the World Series. Derek Behan, slated to start Game 4, issued a warning to Myers, saying "I hope he likes music - chin music that is."
pinkass

Re: Game 3, Come on Bobby!

Post by pinkass »

And, congrats to Milwaukee. Beat me by one game in the regular season and one game again in the World Series. Nice job.
carlyaz

Post by carlyaz »

Great series gents. Congrats to Milwaukee on your WS title. Shout out to all the playoff teams.

Good luck to all in the OS, draft, and next season.
jmalcolm20

Post by jmalcolm20 »

It took every last game to make it happen, but the Georges finally relinquished the throne. Great season to both teams.
dabigtrain

Post by dabigtrain »

pinkass wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:52 pm And, congrats to Milwaukee. Beat me by one game in the regular season and one game again in the World Series. Nice job.
Thanks - good job to you, too. Very tight playoffs this year - rare that all three series go the full seven games.

Return to “Mike Piazza League”