Discussions for the John Hart League.
Bribar

Collusion between SquidJordan and Jandomo0707

Post by Bribar »

(personal attacks removed by Admin)
Jandomo0707

Re: Collusion between SquidJordan and Jandomo0707

Post by Jandomo0707 »

I made a change with compton10101 I don't see you complaining about those changes. You have the best team :evil:
SquidJordan

Post by SquidJordan »

Forget about why he made the trades or why I made the trades for a second, because that's none of your business. He's had his whole team on the trading block for a week, so make a better offer than I made. I saw him make one trade and he had other players who could help me. I sent him proposals for three players, explained that the offers were introductory and asked him to detail exactly what he wanted for each player. He accepted the offers as they were. How is it my fault he sent guys to the minors or released them? Should I go organize his team as well?
He has a right to do with his players as he wishes, as does everybody else, no matter what you think about it. You said last season that you weren't even trying. That's ethical?
You go on the league board and accuse us of collusion, a "secret and illegal activity" with no proof of that. Even that's not enough; you then pontificate on our character. About our CHARACTER because we made a couple trades you don't approve of. What does this say about your character? THAT'S the bottom line.
Bribar

Post by Bribar »

(personal attacks removed by Admin)
SquidJordan

Post by SquidJordan »

Why would I bother to play with guys who whine?
Tell you what, I'm going to put the two guys I got on rest for the rest of the season so that no one has their feelings hurt. I disagree with you, but it's not that important. Now go ahead and erase this post accusing me of collusion, which is false, so that the next league I play in it isn't advertised, falsely, that I colluded.
SquidJordan

Post by SquidJordan »

This is still up? Bribar, I asked you to have this false accusation removed.
samistvan

Post by samistvan »

Alright, let me give my opinion on this. I'm hoping this can stand as the reasonable neutral (somewhat, at least) judgment of this situation.

First of all, the accusation has legitimate grounds. As I see it today, New York traded two A-rated all-stars for a collection of average players, only two of which remain on his major league roster, players hitting .245 and .217. There is no explanation to my knowledge of why New York would make such a trade and the ensuing demotions/cuts that involves a desire to be competitive. It's highly suspect and dare I say plain wrong.

As for San Francisco, they made two trades with New York in succession. In both of these trades, they gave up three players for one. I do think that San Francisco legitimately believed that New York was attempting to give up some top-level players in order to accrue more depth on their roster. Given the end result, that was clearly not the case but I don't think it's fair to assume guilt on San Francisco's part. They were favorable trades but not so blatantly favorable as to point to collusion or anything else nefarious.

So, what is my proposed remedy? I think the fairest way to resolve this would be to return the original players to their original teams. It seems though that this may be too tricky, seeing as some players in the trades have already been picked up off waivers by other teams. So, I think San Francisco should be allowed to play the players they received in the trade. Otherwise, if San Francisco keeps their two new players benched, they will be unfairly punished for trades they believed they were making on legitimate grounds. The end result would be that they give away SIX players and receive no benefit in return.

Lastly, I would ask that after this situation is resolved, that Atlanta takes this post down. The accusation of collusion is unfounded and wrong.
SquidJordan

Post by SquidJordan »

I agree with Samistvan on practically every point and thank him for his consideration. The reason I put the players on rest, ultimately, was out of respect for him. I thought that if one guy thought I was cheating that maybe Samistvan thought that too, and I wasn't going to put him in that spot. We fought it out until the end in each of the first two seasons and he won both times. So YES I was trying to get better, but I didn't collude or whatever. I didn't need my character called out.
The only thing I disagree on is I think it's best to leave the players inactive. It's just not worth it.
SquidJordan

Post by SquidJordan »

This is three days now that this lie about me has been visible, and in fact it has been viewed 50 times. In a little less than two weeks this league will cease to exist -- all but the message board containing this lie about me. I am not here slumming; I play in these little trial leagues. I face these same guys over and over again. I will have to look at that lie the next time I play. Others, countless others, will see no more than the subject line and form an opinion about me. Based on a lie.
Bribar, you come in here talking about character and judgement, what he should do and what he should do and what that one should do. So show us your character and judgement and get this thread, which never should have been posted, removed. Don't scurry away now. Stand up and get this taken care of. Because if you don't then I will have to, and if I have to I am going to start getting mad about this thing.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have a problem with a trade the appropriate response is to put in a trade abuse report and the league will decide the appropriateness and fate of the trade. We actually have a specific rule against complaining about trades in this fashion; it is a personal attack and not permitted here.

This thread is closed.

Chris/Admin
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.

Return to “John Hart League”