Merry Christmas

Discussions for the Mickey Mantle League.
PetesFan

Merry Christmas

Post by PetesFan »

I just want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. We have lots of snow here in Canada if anybody needs some.

Ian
Descent54

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Descent54 »

Right baack at you, ian. Get healthy.

We had an inch or so last night here St.Louis. Today is was sunny, about 40 degrees, no wind. My kind of winter.

You keep your snow, and Donaldson while you are at it.

:D
Dogbelly

Post by Dogbelly »

Merry Christmas!!!

I was in Regina, SK during the first week of January 2017 ... it was -35/-40 (At minus 35/40 deg C or F don't matter) and snow everywhere. I kept looking for a refrigerator to climb into so I could warm up.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas.

Sal
KillerG

Post by KillerG »

Merry Christmas everyone!

We are having a white Christmas her in Maine ... 4 - 8 inches of fresh snow!
Nightwalker

Post by Nightwalker »

Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year to all. Here in California it's winter...50-55 degrees in the afternoon....overcast ...30's @ night. Typical northern California winter! Stay warm and cozy...
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

Merry Belated Christmas, Everyone!

Descent54, you tellin me you wouldn't love to have a gift wrapped Josh Donaldson as the Cardinals Christmas present? All signs indicate Mozeliak is gearing up for making an all-in push for 2018-2019. Donaldson doesn't make sense for 2019, but he definitely would be better than Gyorko. I'm a Cub fan so I find the Cardinal fans squirming rather entertaining, but as someone who has just as many family/friends that are Cards fans, I have come to accept their passion/love.

There were 2 times Cardinal fans really upset me. The first was the whispers about Fowler getting criticized by the team/fanbase for not doing things the "Cardinal Way". I've never had a negative feeling about that phrase, but I definitely thought it was awfully ugly and while not outright racist, it definitely came across as ignorant. The 2nd was the reaction to Stanton rejecting the Cardinals. I felt like the Cardinal fans took his decision way too personally. If I were Stanton, I would want to make sure I felt 100% sold on the new team. I feel like Stanton was absolutely honest about his doubts of whether St. Louis was a good fit. I don't think Stanton's contract was so onerous that it would hamstring the FO in the future, but I do feel like he would have had more pressure on himself if he was in STL compared to New York. Next season, Harper or Machado will likely sign a huge contract with the Yankees and Stanton will have that player + Judge + Sanchez + Didi. Say what you will about great players not needing other greats around them, but if we've learned anything from the NBA, superstars playing well together wins championships.

Happy New Years!
Michael

Return to “Mickey Mantle League”