Congratulations to Cleveland

Discussions for the Mickey Mantle League.
Descent54

Congratulations to Cleveland

Post by Descent54 »

On your championship run!

Good job!!

:D
KillerG

Re: Congratulations to Cleveland

Post by KillerG »

Congrats!
husker48

Post by husker48 »

Congrats on the Series victory!!!
PetesFan

Post by PetesFan »

Congratulations on a great season and World Series win. You did really well.

Thank you to everyone for another great SimSeason.

Ian
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

Congrats to Cleveland on the stunning upsets in both the ALCS and the WS!

I'm fascinated by the World Series domination, but even more so with the ALCS upset.

Here's a quick rundown of quirks regarding Cleveland's 4-3 upset of Texas:

1) Cleveland pitchers allowed a whopping 32 walks during the series. Texas pitchers only allowed 22.
2) Cleveland fielders had a combined 7 errors in the series. Texas fielders only made 2.
3) Cleveland pitchers combined for a WHIP of 1.59. Texas pitchers combined for a WHIP of 1.41.
4) Cleveland hitters hit 10 home runs. Texas hitters had only 4.
5) Finally, Cleveland pitchers allowed 28 runs total. Texas pitchers allowed 35.

Tough loss for Texas despite the fact they had won the championship in 2 out of the last 3 seasons.

Considering Brooklyn, there is little doubt that Brooklyn should continue to contend for the next 10+ seasons with their talented roster. That said, 2041 was the 5th straight postseason for Brooklyn yet it remains without a title since the 2018-2029 Dynastic franchise run.

-Michael
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

Thanks guys!

Have NO idea how we did it! lol
DeepThreat

Post by DeepThreat »

Yeah, Michael, I'm kind of pissed off at that loss. It makes absolutely no sense, especially when you point out the quirks as you do.

That said, congrats Satyr.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

DeepThreat wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:49 pm Yeah, Michael, I'm kind of pissed off at that loss. It makes absolutely no sense, especially when you point out the quirks as you do.

That said, congrats Satyr.
It's okay. It's not like some jerk just traded Cleveland's owner a ton of useful draft picks (that should never have been their's in the 1st place) for a possibly dominant closer prospect and a decent Catcher prospect that will maybe make a few All-Star teams...

Satyr, your Cleveland team just pulled off 2 impossible upsets, and you double down on that tremendous amount of luck with a trade with the least reputable owner still allowed by SimDynasty to make trades in the MML...

Thankfully my Chicago roster is years away from competing, because I can't imagine how pissed off I'd be that some joke of an owner was manipulating the state of the league quite as much as husker48 has been...

Seriously, WTF??

Return to “Mickey Mantle League”