Question!

Discussions for the Mickey Mantle League.
Poston192

Question!

Post by Poston192 »

Some of my players are tagged as cannot be demoted or waived. I have never seen that before. Is that unique to this league?
DeepThreat

Re: Question!

Post by DeepThreat »

No. It's always been a sitewide rule to not waive any A- or higher rater player. Updates about a year and a half ago changed the system so that it was no longer possible to do so. Young A- or higher players who still have options can be demoted to the minors. I promoted an A- 21 year-old pitcher this year with another of my teams so that he could fill in for an injured starter. When the injured guy was ready to return, I was able to send the prospect back to the minors so he could continue developing his control (and the fact that I don't need him on my MLB team just yet). That said, if I go them inor league page and try to waive that prospect, it will tell me that I cannot do so.
Poston192

Post by Poston192 »

Interesting, i have been playing speed leagues for several years. I suppose they put this rule in to discourage tanking? The only way i could move one of these players is via trade. Strange .
DeepThreat

Post by DeepThreat »

Yeah, it could be anti-tanking. I think it has a lot to do with keeping up the integrity and balance of the leagues as well.

That said, I used to have a second account with which I played private leagues. We had to have that setting removed due to using a developmental setting that improved all minor leaguers at the same rate. That lead to many border-line A- players being developed, but having the effectiveness of B players under normal circumstances. At one time, that league had something like 200 A- players on the waiver wire.

Return to “Mickey Mantle League”