A wild one-hitter in 11 innings

Discussions for the Mickey Mantle League.
spicoli306

A wild one-hitter in 11 innings

Post by spicoli306 »

Chicago 2, San Fran 1

My pitcher actually had a no-hitter through 8 2/3 IP but gave up a double to lose it. Was actually down 1-0 through 5 innings because the starter walked the bases full in the 1st inning. 2 relief pitchers provided a no-hit 2 1/3 innings to complete the effort.

Cather has to be one of the flukiest pitchers I've had in awhile. So far this season, he has both been wrecked in 7-8 games while also pitching very solidly in about 10-12 games.
Descent54

Re: A wild one-hitter in 11 innings

Post by Descent54 »

That would have been one of those bizarre no - hitters like the one here a fews seasons ago. Can't remember the particulars.

:D

Greg(Washington)
spicoli306

Re: A wild one-hitter in 11 innings

Post by spicoli306 »

Descent54 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:07 am That would have been one of those bizarre no - hitters like the one here a fews seasons ago. Can't remember the particulars.

:D

Greg(Washington)
I thought I remembered Randy Johnson losing a 1-0 ballgame where he hadn't allowed any hits. Perhaps, it was a game when he had allowed only an unearned run and lost.

For a history of MLB no-hitters where the pitcher's team lost, they can be found here. I guess in the case of Cather's game he could not have pitched what MLB considers an official no-hitter because the rules say a pitcher has to go 9 innings. If we hadn't scored to tie it 1-1 in the 6th inning, the game would have ended 1-0 with Cather allowing no hits but only having to pitch 8 innings as the home team wouldn't have had to bat in the bottom of the 9th.

Return to “Mickey Mantle League”