Warning....

Discussions for the Mickey Mantle League.
DeepThreat

Warning....

Post by DeepThreat »

Thought I'd give you guys a heads up. I wasn't originally going to announce my departure after this season, but I see that the Roughnecks have been purchased by the next owner.... an owner who was banned from this league a couple of seasons back: compton. Oh, I'm sure it's just his way of trying to satisfy his own ego... to try to take one of my teams and do whatever he can with it, all to possibly brag about it or something.

I'm not entirely sure how it's possible that he can purchase a team in the MML, considering he was banned. Anyway, just figured you guys should know that he's coming back.

Good luck.
Last edited by DeepThreat on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrammellHOF

Re: Warning....

Post by TrammellHOF »

sorry to see you go and thanks for the heads up...Compton is a vulture (buys teams that have a few more good seasons in them and then leaves) and makes this game unenjoyable...

TrammellHOF
PetesFan

Post by PetesFan »

Sorry to see you go. You have had some good teams and played with integrity. Are you staying and playing just not in the MML??

If it is true that Compton is coming back, I will abandon my team for next year. I don't have any desire to participate with him in the league. We will get more of his shenanigans ... that is all I shall say.

Good luck to all the teams in the playoffs.

Ian
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I have replaced Compton with the bot and refunded his purchase. He is banned from the forums entirely, and he is not permitted in this league.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
DeepThreat

Post by DeepThreat »

I'm not leaving SD, at least not yet. My Roughnecks have come to the point where too many guys are on the cusp of decline. I can either push for another year, maybe 2, before a full rebuild needs to take place... or I can head out now and hope that the next owner can trade off some of the guys while they still hold value and build up around some of the strong young players the roster already holds. As it is, I have 7 teams right now. This is down from 10 just a couple of cycles ago. I'm wanting to cut back down to 3-4 eventually... if not all the way to 2. So, my decision is to head out now and give the next owner something to work with.

Too bad I can't head out with a third championship on my simulated mantle. Congrats on knocking me out, Descent.

Good luck, all... and have fun.
Descent54

Post by Descent54 »

Good luck to you, and happy trails DeepThreat!
DeepThreat

Post by DeepThreat »

Chris,

I can't reply to your PM because... well... you guys have it turned off for the Admin account. So I will reply here.
Admin wrote:Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:59 pm Subject: Warning....
DeepThreat wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:11 pm As it is, I have 7 teams right now. This is down from 10 just a couple of cycles ago. I'm wanting to cut back down to 3-4 eventually... if not all the way to 2. So, my decision is to head out now and give the next owner something to work with.

Too bad I can't head out with a third championship on my simulated mantle. Congrats on knocking me out, Descent.

I put a bot in to keep Compton out of the slot, but if you have time to deal with the team I'd rather set you up with a free season than have a bot handle it. That'll give me two months to write code to ban certain people from certain leagues. And if you take me up on it and decide a month in "No, I really don't have the time or inclination" I can just put the bot back.

Are you interested at all in playing one more?

Thanks!

Chris
Is it possible to allow this team to be put up for sale midseason, and transfer it over from me to the new owner at that time? Kind of how you guys used to do with teams that had inactive owers?

I'll take you up on this offer, if only to ensure that the draft goes well and the young players on the roster are developed as they should be. We all know that the bot isn't very good with this. That said, it would be my preference to put a new owner in place ASAP if at all possible.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

DeepThreat wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:33 pm Chris,

I can't reply to your PM because... well... you guys have it turned off for the Admin account. So I will reply here.
Well that explains a lot. I need to fix that.
Admin wrote:Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:59 pm Subject: Warning....
DeepThreat wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:11 pm As it is, I have 7 teams right now. This is down from 10 just a couple of cycles ago. I'm wanting to cut back down to 3-4 eventually... if not all the way to 2. So, my decision is to head out now and give the next owner something to work with.

I put a bot in to keep Compton out of the slot, but if you have time to deal with the team I'd rather set you up with a free season than have a bot handle it. That'll give me two months to write code to ban certain people from certain leagues. And if you take me up on it and decide a month in "No, I really don't have the time or inclination" I can just put the bot back.

Are you interested at all in playing one more?

Thanks!

Chris
Is it possible to allow this team to be put up for sale midseason, and transfer it over from me to the new owner at that time? Kind of how you guys used to do with teams that had inactive owers?

I'll take you up on this offer, if only to ensure that the draft goes well and the young players on the roster are developed as they should be. We all know that the bot isn't very good with this. That said, it would be my preference to put a new owner in place ASAP if at all possible.
With the bot it would go up for sale after the draft, so I could bot it and/or list it whenever you choose. I'll set it to stay with you for now so you can handle the draft. Thank you!

Chris

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.

Return to “Mickey Mantle League”