Finally, it took 79 seasons

Discussions for the Mickey Mantle League.
Descent54

Finally, it took 79 seasons

Post by Descent54 »

But the Washington Senators will finally have a parade after winning their 1st championship.

Hats off to the the San Franciso Predators for a great series.

:D
spicoli306

Re: Finally, it took 79 seasons

Post by spicoli306 »

Toshio Ogata ain't nothin to f@*# wif!!!

I usually see quite a fair share of rebuilding teams take the stud foreign players and either fail to turn around the rest of their roster or dumping the foreign-born guy to a contending team for 50 cents on the dollar. This is one of those nice times when you took the gamble and it paid off before Ogata started to decline.

Congrats on the ring, Descent54. You earned it. Very cool collection of role players that managed to put it all together!
KillerG

Post by KillerG »

Congrats!
PetesFan

Post by PetesFan »

Congratulations on the World Series win. What a series ... quite a nail-biter.

When's the parade???

Ian
DeepThreat

Post by DeepThreat »

Congrats, Descent.... looks like your guy Ogata had the same sort of postseason that my guy Yano did in the TRL. Except he managed 4 wins, while my guy had to settle for a couple of no decisions and John Wood blown saves.
Descent54

Post by Descent54 »

Thanks to all. Yeah, while Stout my main guy had a good series against Texas, he did not have a good World Series, Ogata, however came through on both.

I forgot that Kopp, my injured rf was eligible to play in game 6. Lucklly, that did not come back to haunt me.

Fun fact to show how things worked out. Texas should have placed 1st according to the Pyth % , by 3 games. I was fortunate to be a +9 and that I why I finished 1st.

Also, counting the playoffs I was 40-20 in one run games.

That helps.

Good luck to everybody in the upcoming season.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

Descent54 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:43 pm Fun fact to show how things worked out. Texas should have placed 1st according to the Pyth % , by 3 games. I was fortunate to be a +9 and that I why I finished 1st.

Also, counting the playoffs I was 40-20 in one run games.

That helps.
Dang, I just put a hundo down on Washington repeating in 2043.

Return to “Mickey Mantle League”