Somebody throw some water on the Senators

Discussions for the Mickey Mantle League.
PetesFan

Re: Somebody throw some water on the Senators

Post by PetesFan »

An outstanding streak. I have never seen one like it in the time that I have been playing.

It's time to start another one.

Ian
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

We'll see how the chips lie after September.

This game certainly has the chance of being the spot in the boxing match where the guy getting worked over finally lands a blow. That said, it has just as much of a chance as being a last gasp out of a fading former champ.
Descent54

Post by Descent54 »

Statistically, in the MLB when a home team loses its first 2 games in a series, it wins the 3rd game 65% of the time. It does not matter how bad or good a team is. The home team will win that 3rd game. I have seen it happen time and time again here in Sim too.

So losing to Lunte, who is a very good pitcher anyway, was not surprising to me.

:D

Greg
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

Dogbelly wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:08 am Amigo, what went wrong with Texas (and the Buffs) is the Senator's 25 game win streak. Texas has a chance to end the streak with 3-games against WASH.
I'm afraid you may have missed my point, my good man.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I was talking specifically about the misfortune of Texas.

You are correct on one point; while Texas was struggling, Washington overtook them for the AL lead and has held it ever since. The main point I was trying to make was about Texas' difficult stretch in August. Yes, it was partially to blame on Washington's 3 game sweep (8/6-8/8) and their losing 2 of 3 while ending Washington's historic streak (8/29-8/31). More important however were the losses scattered between the games with Washington. From 8/19-8/21, Texas was swept by the 2nd worst team in the MML albeit on the road. They had also lost 2 of 3 at Cleveland (7/30-8/1), at home against Detroit (8/16-8/18), and finally at New York (8/26-8/28) against your team. The significant factor was not Washington's passing of Texas, but rather your New York team passing Texas as well.

That said, it is now merely history as Texas bounced back with a triple home-sweep of Chicago (9/5-9/7), then Toronto (9/12-9/14), then New York (9/19-9/21). Add in a 2-1 series win at Washington, and that is how you turn 3rd place into clinching the playoffs.
Dogbelly

Post by Dogbelly »

Quite right, amigo. I found this to be an incredibly enjoyable season even though the Buffs came up short. WASH streak was fun to watch Congrats to Texas and Wash - good luck to both in the NLCS

Return to “Mickey Mantle League”