Somebody throw some water on the Senators

Discussions for the Mickey Mantle League.
Dogbelly

Somebody throw some water on the Senators

Post by Dogbelly »

Fifteen (15) straight and counting. Nice streak.
Descent54

Re: Somebody throw some water on the Senators

Post by Descent54 »

Yeah, my set up man Corkle, goes out for 15 days. That was 12 days ago. He is back in 3.

Had to juggle a little bit. Have to admit, things are going my way for the moment.(18-24 after 42) Things did not look good there for awhile.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

Descent54 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:27 pm Yeah, my set up man Corkle, goes out for 15 days. That was 12 days ago. He is back in 3.

Had to juggle a little bit. Have to admit, things are going my way for the moment.(18-24 after 42) Things did not look good there for awhile.
It's never just 1 player, but Mark Stout has been a heckova pitcher. Not too shabby for a 6th overall and a 16th the next season. Those types of trades are always tough to get perfect. The rebuilding team sometimes sells off a stud who fails to repeat their best season(s), and then there are times like this one where the guy is everything the contender hoped for and more.
Dogbelly

Post by Dogbelly »

Very competitive season. Big series' coming up for the Buffs.

Francisco Liriano, SP is making his first start after 42 days on the DL. He was 8-3, 1.23 WHIP before the injury.
Ought to give the rotation a little boost.
Going to give Closer Urbano Lugo a start ... See what happens. The very capable Ed Dagres, RP - A-overall will take over at Closer
Washington comes to town for games 127,128 and 129, then we have Texas right behind that.

These two series' ought to tell if the Buffs can get a ticket to the dance.
NY Sports Talk is buzzing

Buffs fans are pumped.
redcped

Post by redcped »

W25???? Holy cow!
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

I'm amazed by Washington's hot streak, but I think the fall of Texas has been just as stunning. On 8/5, Texas was 71-40 and in 1st place. They're 8-13 since then. The worst stretch being a 5-game losing streak that included a sweep by the last place Thunder and 2 losses to Detroit in Texas.

DeepThreat, care to vent and let us know what's went wrong this season?
Dogbelly

Post by Dogbelly »

Amigo, what went wrong with Texas (and the Buffs) is the Senator's 25 game win streak. Texas has a chance to end the streak with 3-games against WASH.
Descent54

Post by Descent54 »

I have always felt that in the NHL, that an average goalie surrounded by a great defense, could appear an all-star. Likewise in the NFL. That an average QB surrounded by a great team could win a Super Bowl like the Washington Redskins did with Billy Kilmer.

Now look at my starting rotation. Leaving out Stout, Ogata, and Wade,(who has only started 6 games), Kamel. Tiernen, and Heinkel are 3,4,and 5 starters on any team. In fact Heinkel, is waiver wire material.

Prior to the streak, my team hitting was ranked 12th out of 16. In fact 2 of my regulars, Puig and Heinzman haven't hit all year. But Mauser, and of all people, Flick are having outlier years.

But Heinzman has done one thing well, and that a +27 on defense, He, along with Hale and Warmoth are a +47 on defense, They play 2b, ss, 3rd, and most probably will all win a gold glove. How many people would have drafted Hale? A .243 lifetime hitter now, but already has 3 gold gloves. And there is a good centerfielder backing them up the middle. In the MLB and likewise in Sim, a good defense can win you a lot of games.

Look at St. Louis's Bob Smith. http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=11836442 Now look at his team defense behind him. Smith is a very good pitcher and should have won 20 a few times and maybe a Cy Young even with a good fielding team behind him.

With the quality of drafts we have had, and the lack of very many pitchers in each, I expect streaks like this to occur again. Maybe not as long, but I think we will see some more 10+ pop up.

I kind of feel like the Seattle team that won 116 gaems in the MLB, only to lose to the Yankees in the first round of the playeoffs years ago.

:o Greg
Dogbelly

Post by Dogbelly »

I do not believe I have seen a better streak, 27 at this writing. Outstanding, Greg!
DeepThreat

Post by DeepThreat »

spicoli306 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:32 am I'm amazed by Washington's hot streak, but I think the fall of Texas has been just as stunning. On 8/5, Texas was 71-40 and in 1st place. They're 8-13 since then. The worst stretch being a 5-game losing streak that included a sweep by the last place Thunder and 2 losses to Detroit in Texas.

DeepThreat, care to vent and let us know what's went wrong this season?
I'm not surprised by the decline of my team. In fact, I've been baffled as to how we've been in the playoff mix all season long. Figured we'd finish no better than 85 wins and 4th place. Guess my old guys want another shot at a 3rd WS. Now that Washington won't be getting all of Abe's positive attention, maybe we can overcome the Buffaloes.

Return to “Mickey Mantle League”