Trade Vote

Discussions for the Mickey Mantle League.
Admin
Site Admin

Trade Vote

Post by Admin »

There have been 3 votes to overturn recent trade:
Trade #1529574 has been completed between the Detroit Dawgs and the Toronto MATADORS. The Toronto MATADORS receive Karson Kennedy from the Detroit Dawgs in exchange for Draft Pick - 2041 Round 1 (TOR).

Please take a moment to vote on this trade if you haven't already at http://www.simdynasty.com/tradevote.jsp ... 626913.[br][/br]
I ask that you refrain from discussing trades. Nothing positive ever comes from this. Anyone discussing any trades publicly may have their posting privileges revoked.

So if you feel this complaint is without merit, please simply vote to allow the trade to stand.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that not all trades are equal, and not all inequal trades should be overturned. A trade should only be overturned if there is bad faith on the part of one or both of the teams involved. If both teams get something they need out of the trade and neither party is taking advantage of an unaware trading partner, the trade should stand. Overturning a trade may not be used as a strategic option.

If either of the two owners involved in this deal would like to comment on the deal, please reply to this thread stating the facts or reasons for this trade without emotion or being argumentative.
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
bb_deed

Re: <t>Trade Vote</t>

Post by bb_deed »

I have been in this league for many many years and have never been accused of abuse. Neither of these are one sided or abusive trades. Please read the voting guidelines that state voting to overturn a trade should not be used as a stategic option.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

bb_deed wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:33 pm I have been in this league for many many years and have never been accused of abuse. Neither of these are one sided or abusive trades. Please read the voting guidelines that state voting to overturn a trade should not be used as a stategic option.
I am really starting to struggle with my sanity. I will try my best to not be insulting to you, bb_deed, but that doesn't mean I don't think you have some serious issues understanding simple concepts.

First off, I believe you are speaking of Trade #1529402 and Trade #1529574 as these are the 2 trades that have recently had a Trade Complaint initiated in which you, bb_deed, were involved. Key phrase is "had a Trade Complaint initiated".

Your words: "Neither of these are one sided or abusive trades."

These 2 trades should not in any way whatsoever be considered in the same context. One outcome doesn't prove anything about the other. This Forum Post is in regards to Trade #1529574. I'll comment on your trade with Montreal too, but I do have to call you out for trying to falsely equivocate the 2 trades.

Your trade with Montreal was submitted by an individual owner in the MML which can be seen with the Timestamp "Admin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:17 pm". If you've been paying attention (I know it's too much to ask), you would know that one owner (I'm going to take a wild guess and suggest it might be husker48 but I can't prove that) has used the "Report Trade Abuse" button as a retaliatory technique to cause trouble. The problem with this action is that the "Report Trade Abuse" Rules quite clearly say Owners found to be abusing the trade abuse reporting process may lose their ability to report trade abuse. The only thing we need to take from your first trade is that someone should immediately have their ability to report trade abuse taken away.

On the other hand, we've got Trade #1529574 to discuss. This trade is the troublemaker. As for it's current status, it is in the "Vote to Overturn" stage. For someone who states "Please read the voting guidelines that state voting to overturn a trade should not be used as a stategic option.", you don't seem understand the basics of the SimDynasty system too well. You are the person who might want to re-read the Rule Book. Anyways, 3 owners have decided the trade deserves to be voted on. This is quite different than the 1 owner who reported your trade with Montreal.
Per Admin's instruction: If either of the two owners involved in this deal would like to comment on the deal, please reply to this thread stating the facts or reasons for this trade without emotion or being argumentative.
Here's what you can offer: Your best explanation of why you (bb_deed) or the other owner (oneofthree) believe that the trade was made in good faith. This means focusing on the trade of Karson Kennedy for what will be the 1st overall pick in the upcoming 2141 draft. You don't need to tell us about how good of people you are. You don't need to refer to previous trades. You can certainly choose to not defend this trade.

I am going to vote against this trade because I believe that one of the owners is either unable or unwilling to properly evaluate the pieces being exchanged. If I had to choose a reason from the list of acceptable qualifiers for abuse it would be: You believe an experienced owner is taking advantage of an inexperienced owner. To be perfectly honest, the language is too vague to properly explain the issue continuing to be problematic. At the heart of the issue, I will once again repeat the phrase taken directly from the Site Rulebook: It doesn't matter who offered the trade, if it's lopsided, it hurts the whole league.

Oh, and if I hear another "Blah....Blah....Blah...." from husker48, there will be consequences.
husker48

Post by husker48 »

Oh....Mr Spicoli..... That's all the other owners hear from your mouth is BLAH... BLAH... BLAH... now
I'll wait for my consequences.... Sorry BULLYING shouldn't be tolerated no way no how..... We get it, you have an opinion, but I know this is hard for you to swallow but you are only ONE owner in this league.... You can rant and rave and try to bully all the others but at the end of the day you have ONE vote.....Everyone is not going to run a team like you do or you want them to...
Why is that so hard to understand? Your saying if I can read between the lines a little that the trade I had with Toronto (which BTW he sent me another one after the fact and I turned it down, so I guess bullying does work to a certain extent) and Detroits trade with Toronto are not good for the league and are lopsided.... But the trade Mont made with Det is fine although Mont got DOUBLE his investment back from a previous draft pick..... Lopsided?? Maybe, unfair to the league?? ABSOLUTELY,
One owner just got an EXTRA pick to better his team.... That's not good for the league nor is it fair...... And BTW your guess is incorrect that I protested said trade..... It's hard to believe but I don't think about trades in the Mantle league day and night like some owners do.....BLAH... BLAH... BLAH.... oops consequences twice forthcoming...... Dam

Oh and Revoke my privileges to vote or protest trades.......O.M.G. I'm going to lose sleep over that one.... BLAH... oh you get the picture...
HumYai

Post by HumYai »

For the record.....I offered that trade to Detroit.... if you think I received an advantage so be it. I will not defend it.

I in no way think you are a bad guy Husker. I know one of your biggest points is that it is your money, you should play how you like. To a point that is right, but you also joined a game that has rules despite paying to play. Just because you buy a new car and it is your money does not mean you can drive that car any way you want to without the possibility of consequence. Albeit a much smaller model, trades here are judged by your peers just like you would be judged by a jury of your peers if you had been accused of wrong doing on a much bigger scale.

you are ABSOLUTELY correct it is one person one vote. Posting here is just one mans opinion like I am doing now.

I do not believe you will nor do I think you should lose privileges based on one complaint...that is for nuts who continually do it. AND BTW, I would not lose sleep over that either, but I would like to keep the right to do so.

Return to “Mickey Mantle League”