Well done Texas

Discussions for the Mickey Mantle League.
DeepThreat

Re: Well done Texas

Post by DeepThreat »

spicoli306 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:17 am
HumYai wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:45 pm Anytime I win it is a fluke. Thank God flukes happen
Sorry, HumYai. Didn't mean to diminish your championship from last year. My team in the JML just won the championship with only 96 regular season wins. The season my team had 110 wins, I got upset in the World Series. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Get your team into the playoffs. After that, all those extra wins don't mean anything but Home Field advantage."
I've had 8 teams for roughly 7 seasons now. Some of those teams I've had a lot longer than that. Each of the past 3 years, I've had 4 teams reach the playoffs. Of those 4 teams, 2 have made it to the WS. Of those 2, 1 team has won it all. Twice, it's been this team. Last year, it was my Brooklyn team. Meanwhile, my best team overall... Baltimore in the TRL...lost in the ALCS, lost in the WS, then lost in the ALCs. Brooklyn was my weakest of 4 playoff teams last year, but won it all. This team has been my second-strongest the two years it won the WS. Also, this season... my weakest playoff team possibly ever (86 wins) took a 119-win team which also swept the ALCS to 7 games (and 14 innings in game 7) in the WS after sweeping a massively superior team in the NLCS.

It all seems to be a crap shoot once the playoffs begin. Just get there, and you have a 25% chance (in 16-team leagues) at winning...regardless of who else gets in and you end up taking on.

Return to “Mickey Mantle League”