Well done Texas

Discussions for the Mickey Mantle League.
HumYai

Well done Texas

Post by HumYai »

Great WS win.....one bright spot out of recent league happenings was a good series, even though I went down in 6
PetesFan

Re: Well done Texas

Post by PetesFan »

Congratulations to Texas on the World Series win.

To everyone, thanks for another interesting SimSeason.

Ian
Descent54

Post by Descent54 »

Congrats, Texas!

Good job!
DeepThreat

Post by DeepThreat »

Thanks! Thought I might be in trouble when I got the email stating Yamazaki was injured in game 3. Couldn't do anything about it at the time, but it worked out well. My real stroke of genius was getting Al Alley back into the lineup... and see him hit over .400 with 5 HR in the two series.
KillerG

Post by KillerG »

Congrats Texas!

Looking forward to next season ... good luck everyone in the off season!
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

Congrats to DeepThreat. I'd imagine it feels even sweeter considering your team's 2039 finish of a single game out of the playoffs. This regular season was quite a bit less dramatic with your team out in front from what felt like start to finish.

Not to take anything away from your Championship, but you also caught a break avoiding Brooklyn. Props to HumYai's team for nearly repeating 2039's upset-laden playoff run. If Texas had gone down this year, there definitely would have been some "Conspiracy Theory" chatter. :D
redcped

Post by redcped »

Congrats!

I almost forgot this league still plays games and crowns champions in between insulting posts and trade protests. Wouldn't it be nice to get back to the games ...
DeepThreat

Post by DeepThreat »

spicoli306 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:51 am Congrats to DeepThreat. I'd imagine it feels even sweeter considering your team's 2039 finish of a single game out of the playoffs. This regular season was quite a bit less dramatic with your team out in front from what felt like start to finish.

Not to take anything away from your Championship, but you also caught a break avoiding Brooklyn. Props to HumYai's team for nearly repeating 2039's upset-laden playoff run. If Texas had gone down this year, there definitely would have been some "Conspiracy Theory" chatter. :D
2039 I had 12 players on the DL at once, including half of my lineup, 2 of my SPs, and 3 of my 4 critical RPs. At one point, I was something like 15 games under .500 and even spent a couple of days in last place at the height of all the injuries. It was a small miracle that we climbed back into the race and lost it in the next to last series of the season. Once we go healthy, we went on a roll that nearly carried us to the playoffs. Think we went 65-16 in the second half of the season... or something ridiculous like that. This year, I had a few injuries... but not the massive pileup... and we see the results. 2 WS victories in 3 years with a fluke season in between. We'll see how next year goes, as I expect some major competition from Cleveland, Baltimore, and Seattle (or wherever Dogbelly sets the team).
HumYai

Post by HumYai »

Anytime I win it is a fluke. Thank God flukes happen
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

HumYai wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:45 pm Anytime I win it is a fluke. Thank God flukes happen
Sorry, HumYai. Didn't mean to diminish your championship from last year. My team in the JML just won the championship with only 96 regular season wins. The season my team had 110 wins, I got upset in the World Series. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Get your team into the playoffs. After that, all those extra wins don't mean anything but Home Field advantage."

Return to “Mickey Mantle League”