Possible Merge

Discussions for the Mickey Mantle League.
Admin
Site Admin

Possible Merge

Post by Admin »

I am considering a merge between the Jimmy Ryan League and the Mickey Mantle League. This would create a new 24-team league that would have 22 owners and two bots.

Merges for Dynasty leagues must happen between the Amateur Draft and the start of the season. Details on the process are available at http://rules.simdynasty.com/index.php/Merging_Leagues .

In the past, merges have meant the loss of all team history. Now, each player card will have a link to the original player, links to both leagues will be on the League information screen, and both leagues' Hall of Fame will appear in the new league.

When you log in, there will be a notification that there is a message for you; this link contains a poll. The poll results must be unanimous to merge; your vote will not be made public.

Thank you!

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
coachengel3

Re: Possible Merge

Post by coachengel3 »

I'm voting no!!! Drafting and Developing players is hard enough and now you want to add more teams to a poor draft pool year after year.
redcped

Post by redcped »

Is there any evidence that the draft pool would be the same? I'd imagine you need more players in the pool and would have to match the talent accordingly.
redcped

Post by redcped »

I would also like to see an owner roster for the other league, Jimmy Ryan. If there's anyone in there who has been an issue in the past, that would affect my vote.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

I voted no. To me, it just feels like kicking the can down the road.

San Diego is a great roster. The fact that it isn't picked up says something about SimDynasty not about the state of the MML.

The New York franchises & Toronto??? Well, we can really blame their putridness on the fact that instead of having building blocks like that of newest Cy Young/World Series champion on their roster, they instead have the poo poo platter of Karson Kennedy, he of career OPS of .731. Having 24 teams just means having another 8 slots possibly filled by another Dynasty League anarchist.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

redcped wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:45 am I would also like to see an owner roster for the other league, Jimmy Ryan. If there's anyone in there who has been an issue in the past, that would affect my vote.
Jimmy Ryan League was nearly ruined by bawstonwedsawks, but that was a long time ago. They are probably a decent Dynasty League again.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

redcped wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:43 am Is there any evidence that the draft pool would be the same? I'd imagine you need more players in the pool and would have to match the talent accordingly.
I think it is 150, which makes sense considering the combined league will increase to 24 teams.

Still, there are 2 arguments to be made even with a proportional draft pool though:
1) A draft pool of 150 might still end up with 120+ completely undesirables. I've seen many 100-draft pools where I struggled to find more than 20 valuable prospects. I've also seen some where there are nearly 40. I think the average is 30-35 that will ever be playable.
2) A larger league equals a higher chance of quality guys getting drafted. I'd guess that it is likely that a Dan Gutierrez or a Bob Jones or a Alberto Schlitzer might not be around in the 20-24 range of a draft with more owners. Especially when you consider that you don't have 4 DynastyBot owners making awful picks in the spots between 1-12.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

This particular merger was not approved. But yes, a 24 team league has a 150 player draft pool.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

Admin wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:59 am This particular merger was not approved. But yes, a 24 team league has a 150 player draft pool.

Chris
Thanks for clarifying, Chris.

-Michael
Satyr

Post by Satyr »

I left my last merge league (because it sucked!) and will leave this one if it becomes a merge league.

Just my experience....

Return to “Mickey Mantle League”