Alan Trammell HOF?

Discussions for the Mickey Mantle League.
TrammellHOF

Alan Trammell HOF?

Post by TrammellHOF »

spicoli306

Re: Alan Trammell HOF?

Post by spicoli306 »

I'd love to see Trammell get in, but at this point I feel like it wouldn't be justifiable if "Sweet Lou" didn't go in alongside him.

As for the Hall of Fame, I'm pretty disillusioned by the voting committee. I realize they are trying to make a statement about the Steroid Era, but some of the old guard is inadvertently screwing over a ton of quality candidates. Some of the names that have fallen off the ballot on the 1st year are astounding: Jim Edmonds, Carlos Delgado, Kenny Lofton, and Bernie Williams (not 1st, but 2nd ballot).

I'm quite the fan of Baseball Think Factory's Hall of Merit. It does tend to end up on the side of being overly inclusive, but at least their voting seems to do a better job at taking advanced stats into account when possible.

It doesn't really mean too much, but Trammell is far and away the most popular name on BBTF's mock ballot. Almost every voter has Trammell on their ballot. Makes me wonder how Whitaker would have done.
spicoli306

Re: Alan Trammell HOF?

Post by spicoli306 »

Trammell and Morris Both

Congrats to both Alan Trammell and Jack Morris for making it into the Baseball Hall of Fame via the Veteran's Committee. It's a good day to be a Tiger's fan.

Return to “Mickey Mantle League”