Merge status

Discussions for the Robin Yount League.

Moderators: Leonard, Philphan

Admin
Site Admin

Merge status

Post by Admin »

Thank you all for your patience while I got my ducks in a row.

The SRL and the RYL are merging into the Bobby Doerr League. The league will consist of:

DieNasty: CHA Chihuahuas
Nycajun: KC Royals
Leonard: OAK Athletics
Bowfoy: CLE Contact
2Below: DET Smelly Katz
Glidanny: MIN Twins
yak2664: TOR Rush
chevy36: NYA Dorks

beatnyall: MON Nanna Puddins
ahmlton: PHI Zodiac *
Philphan: SD Rattlers
Hitnrun: STL Cardinals
ahmlton: HOU Horcrux *
Tiny25: MIL Brew crew
historymann49: PIT Miners
Gardy101: SF Giants

We had no city collisions, which I believe is a first; however I did have to move New York from the NL to the AL.

ahmlton: You have teams in both leagues. Please let me know which one you want to keep.

Here's what you will see:

- The new league exists; it will take another half hour or so for all the teams to be created. NOTE: The league will appear to be a Trial league until the merge process is complete. The forum is at http://forum.simdynasty.com/viewforum.php?f=320 and the forums for the old leagues are nested inside it.

- Over the next hour or so, both leagues will run their amateur draft, then the players will be copied to the new league.

- Although players are technically new players as they are copies of the originals, stats earned in the prior leagues will be visible on their player card.

- The Hall of Fame will show inductees from both leagues (and the RSL and IRL before them). I believe this gives you all the largest Hall of Fame on the site; it'll take a good 30-40 seconds to even load the page (I'll work on that).

- Because the subscription cost is the same, the existing subscriptions will transfer over. Your existing expiration date will have a month added to it and then transferred.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Philphan

Re: Merge status

Post by Philphan »

why does it show i drafted a piece of garbage in the first round and it got migrated to new league? i thought after season was done we were going to merge? not run a draft here?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is no beginning-of-season draft so the draft for the last season of the old leagues has to be run before players are transferred. Otherwise the entire draft class would end up on the waiver wire.

Which reminds me I need to transplant any future draft pick trades that have already been made. Those will be in place before the next draft.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Philphan

Post by Philphan »

wish i knew. there were several players i would of drafted in that slot(that were drafted after me). any chance you can clone one? there is no way i would have had a C+ OS 23 pitcher ranked in my top 16. this guy would of been drafted by me http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?mode=p ... d=14124746
Philphan

Post by Philphan »

also when the players were moved from this league into the bobby doerr league, Did they retain their current VD curves or was the curve rerandomized?
Philphan

Post by Philphan »

Nevermind. Cancelled the Sub instead.

Return to “Robin Yount League”