been fun not liking it so leaving

Discussions for the Robin Yount League.

Moderators: Leonard, Philphan

Texas4ever

been fun not liking it so leaving

Post by Texas4ever »

fffgfgfgdfhds
Last edited by Texas4ever on Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
swerve3

Re: been fun not liking it so leaving

Post by swerve3 »

I have no clue where this league falls on the spectrum compared to the rest. That said, outside of a few, I believe most will be similar: most every league has dead teams and or chaperones. All owners play this game differently, nothing wrong with that. It should be about what gives you the most enjoyment playing this game. You can't, nor should you, expect everyone to play the same way. What is the fun in that? It is also not helpful to call out other owners.

My previous experience with multiple leagues tells me the trading in this league is definitely no worse than many others. You have teams that want to tear down and rebuild, you have teams that are competing, then everyone else stuck in the middle. Typically this is when you see most of the trading and the active teams in the middle may add a piece or two along the way. Unfortunately, the trading aspect of this game has always been due for some tweaking. Even so, nothing is necessarily apples to apples because leagues have differing rules, on different development systems and different minor league systems.

We are not supposed to openly discuss trades/trade offers on the boards. If we could, I am sure you would find a few owners willing to provide a nickles worth of their thoughts.

I put in a lot of work to try and keep dead teams from falling into oblivion. Yet we seem to be going backwards again. A long standing owner just left, I guess I shouldn't be working on these dead teams' draft rankings so prospects fall to the lower picks and all of the active owners can be happy. In addition to ranking their draft order, I will trade older players to acquire draft picks. One thing I will practically NEVER do though is trade these teams draft picks unless it is say a 2nd to upgrade to an additional 1st. I don't believe new owners are attracted to teams that are missing draft picks. Of course, you what to offer me a A rated 28-30 year old pitcher for a #1, sure, that makes the team more attractive. This trading is typically a disadvantage to myself because, outside of a few instances, I don't trade with these "dead" teams. I can think of times where I have been in/competing for the playoffs and made a few of my challengers better with these trades and they were trades that I would have gladly paid the same price for the player. This also reduces my pool of teams I have the option to trade with. Yet, in doing all of this even I still manage to ruffle a feather or two with "missteps". Mind you, I get nothing for this. I pay my dues for my team like everyone else.

Sadly, all of this has me contemplating walking away...

Best of luck though, hopefully you find what floats your boat.
todd999430

Post by todd999430 »

Agree with what you said, Swerve.

I don't appreciate being called out as "horrible" - that's not very nice. I think it says a lot more about the person saying it than it does about me, especially when it is in reference to me not agreeing to their trade offers (which all would have been overturned by the way... I myself would have voted to overturn them!).

But yeah, whatever floats your boat. I hope you find your smile.
Philphan

Post by Philphan »

been a long time i have been in a full league, well one that you don't pay up front for and make the rest of the league wait til the league is full.

I agree with Swerve. People have different styles. I will never tank on purpose in this league(although i tried that in the tommy john league and hated the tank build method) I hate having losing seasons in general. At one point in this league i had 50 consecutive above .500 teams. I like the team being in striking distance more often than not and i hate 100 loss seasons.
todd999430

Post by todd999430 »

Never seen a team say they’re leaving and then go into a rebuild. Weird.

Return to “Robin Yount League”