Trading with abandoned teams

Discussions for the Robin Yount League.

Moderators: Leonard, Philphan

swerve3

Trading with abandoned teams

Post by swerve3 »

I posted on the old thread but realized you will not see it unless you are actually on the message board.

Reminder that I will still entertain trade offers for the following teams:

Texas Cowboys
Washington Senators
Philadelphia Devil Dogs
Atlanta Ashes & Embers

For Atlanta I realize you cannot make a trade offer. However if you PM me, and we can agree on a trade, I can propose it to you.
Ty031699

Re: Trading with abandoned teams

Post by Ty031699 »

I'm confused about the trade below. Who did Houston negotiate with on a fair trade since Atlanta can't make offers? Not saying it's unbalanced, I'm just curious as someone might suggest otherwise as the commish essentially agreed on the terms with himself.

7/27/2256

Trade #1571399 has been completed between the Atlanta Ashes & Embers and the Houston Bandicoots. The Houston Bandicoots receive Alex Henry from the Atlanta Ashes & Embers in exchange for Ken Shuba, Gary Brief, Eddie Blackburn, Draft Pick - 2257 Round 2 (HOU).
swerve3

Post by swerve3 »

You are right, really was no negotiation. I did ask philphan about thoughts on one offer but this was not it. Just tried to pay what I thought would be fair but wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

If there are those that feel it isn't enough or whatever I will gladly reverse it. League is already on its last leg so not trying to make it worse. Trying to do what I can to make these teams more appealing over time. Atlanta is in bad shape, Brief should be getting pretty close to B-/B- at OS 19.

Trade deadline is coming up quickly and no one has notified me of any offers. Being Henry is already in decline years IDK what anyone else was going to offer or if they were going to offer. There have been several pitchers with 1-3 years left before decline that have gone for just a 1st recently.

So please all let me know and if you are willing to offer more then let me know that as well so I can get Henry moved before the deadline and get Atlanta something in return.
Ty031699

Post by Ty031699 »

Thanks for clearing that up. While I'm not too high on a trade like this occurring, you are correct, this league, and site for that matter, appear to be dying down. Is there a league out there without at least one bot or chaperoned team in it?

While I think Henry can be very successful so long as he doesn't retire in the next season or two, in a league with very little trade activity, an owner in Atlanta's shoes probably couldn't expect much more for Henry.
swerve3

Post by swerve3 »

I hear you, I have shied away in the past of doing anything like this and I guess I will go back to avoiding altogether. Or maybe I will start asking a couple of you if you are OK with a deal beforehand. I think I even mentioned to Phil I was worried about any deal I would make being questioned by others.

That said, several months ago I mentioned I would make deals with the abandoned teams. I think Phil may have been the only owner to ever take up that opportunity.

Again I have no problem reversing it if someone wants to offer more or most just feel it should be reversed.

Just trying to do my best managing like 4 other teams in this league, trying to make them attractive and competitive in case anyone is actually looking (new owners/chaperones).
Ty031699

Post by Ty031699 »

I feel your pain. Can't please everyone, it's a thankless job being commish in a league with so many dead teams. I had a similar situation come up while I was the commish of the DEL, never easy. Its a no win situation and if bots take over, good luck fixing their roster changes that are made daily!
Philphan

Post by Philphan »

Swerve did ask me about a trade and trading with unowned teams. I was commish here for over 4 years finally decided it was too much work to manage unowned teams and swerve took over. When i was commish i managed the teams as if they were my own including trades. Otherwise the teams would never be sellable. When you have a pitcher in his decline year you can't really expect more than 2 second rounders. I don't have a problem with what swerve is doing and i appreciate him taking the time of managing all those rosters/ CP/ Trades etc.
Philphan

Post by Philphan »

Ty031699 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:40 am Is there a league out there without at least one bot or chaperoned team in it?
Santo Rodriguez league has full onwership. But we just merged two or 3 leagues together.... so who knows how long that will last.

Also the Thurman Munson league that i am new to. hitnrun is the commish over there. Their model is much different as in you pay for like 8? seasons up front and the league stops when the league isn't full.

Return to “Robin Yount League”