Original RYL rules

Discussions for the Robin Yount League.

Moderators: Leonard, Philphan

Philphan

Original RYL rules

Post by Philphan »

Admin Chris was able to ressurect some of the old forums for me. This is what i have found for CP trading rules so far.

League Signup Instructions and Settings
August 04, 2006 at 02:25PM

The Robin Yount League is the next of our "Speed" leagues. These leagues are a hybrid of the Private leagues and the Dynasty leagues.

The only rules used in this league will be the configurable settings for leagues that Abe provides.

The Yount league will use the following settings:
- CP Trades are allowed
- 15 games per day
- After the Amateur Draft runs, the next season will start the next day.
- Amateur Draftees will appear at 11PM on the day the league reaches August 1st
- No hidden improvements or hidden +/-
- Draft picks can be traded up to 3 seasons in advance.
- Players will stay on the waiver wire for 16 sim days
- A playoff deadline of Sept 1st, players must be acquired before Sept 1st in order to be post-season eligible
- Only catchers can start at catcher.
- A team must carry 2 major league catchers.
- A player must be at least 50% at catcher as a secondary position to count or play as a catcher.

In the past for private leagues, we selected a commish before the league signups started. For the Speed leagues, we will select a commish while signups are underway.

Special rules cannot be added to a Speed league.

If you are interested in being the commish of this league, please send me a u2u after you have signed up for a team. Your responsibilities will largely be communication - namely acting as a liason between Jet or myself and the rest of the league.

The commish won't have any power or responsibility to make rulings or judgments in a Speed league. We may ask for your input though and if you're interested in starting your own Private league - this may be a good place to prove you're capable. We also sometimes give commishes perks like free Dynasty Expansion teams.

The cost of the league will be $70 for 17 seasons of play, which will be roughly 8 months. That's about $4 per season.

Also, here is some background info on the concept of Speed leagues:
viewthread.php?tid=92892

If you are intersted in playing, please create a new screen name and then go to this link to signup and pay for a team:
Philphan

Re: Original RYL rules

Post by Philphan »

i will try and find any amendments to these rules .

Return to “Robin Yount League”