Injuries

Discussions for the Barry Zito League.

Moderator: ballmark

zoocorp

Injuries

Post by zoocorp »

Has anyone else been getting socked of late? I can kind of understand it with my older guys, but I have a lot of middle aged guys with better than average health getting hit.

Are injuries different in salary leagues as usually my other leagues are like 4-5 a year but the last 2 yrs here I'm at like 10-12.

I didn't go through the list of others just asking if the injury quotient is higher in salary leagues and if anyone else has been hit hard the past 2 seasons.
ballmark

Re: Injuries

Post by ballmark »

It is Max Injury to offset the Max Development. You need a deep bench to play here. Which is why bankrupting your minors to gain a few mill in free agent bucks may not necessarily be a good strategy (unless you spend that extra money on a deep bench).
zoocorp

Post by zoocorp »

Okay but is anyone else facing 10-12 injured players per year for 30+ days on average?
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

I stopped dealing with that when I started factoring Health into my contract offers. 'Cuz I knew it was going to bite me in the backside down the road. Some codebits have enough talent you overlook the Health but factor it into the length of the deal offered. Some you just swallow your money and let another owner deal with the disabled list, even if talented.

Sorry, man.
zoocorp

Post by zoocorp »

Going back to your max injury situation, there have been 57 injuries so far this year. That should come out to 3.5 injuries per team. I'm at 10 almost 20% of all injuries in the entire league.

I do have older guys, but that should put me at 12% at most.

Maybe I just have bad luck.

Return to “Barry Zito League”