Penalty for over the cap

Discussions for the Barry Zito League.

Moderator: ballmark

jxroth

Penalty for over the cap

Post by jxroth »

Some seasons back we discussed what the penalties should be for a team being over the cap and I believe we agreed at that time not to impose any penalties but rather self police. That has worked until now. Seattle has remained over the cap despite private and public notes and the team can easily have gotten under the cap at any time. My suggestion is loss of a 1st rounder for being over the cap 10 Sim days after the season starts. A team cannot be allowed to upset competitive balance, tank at the same time (because there is an in game penalty that Sim puts on the team, and then get a privileged draft choice. Owners, respond........
blumer5

Re: Penalty for over the cap

Post by blumer5 »

I would say any penalty we decide upon should be after 12 sim days, because with 6 games a day, that is two full days to get under the cap.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

There's really no way to forfeit a first round pick, but you can drop a team to the bottom of the draft list, #16. The Commissioner has the power to do that.
jxroth

Post by jxroth »

Thanks. I wasn't sure about that.
kswetnam

Post by kswetnam »

To me, the worst part of this is that he hasn't responded to any messages.

I feel like the league's settings make it difficult for a team that is over the cap. From past experiences, it really hinders a team.

Rule proposal:
After the commish starts a thread concerning the team that is over the cap, the team in question then has 5 days to correct the issue. If he fails to correct it, then he automatically receives the 16th pick in the 1st round.

After that, we drop the issue and let the season play out.

Return to “Barry Zito League”