Owners vote on over the cap penalty

Discussions for the Barry Zito League.

Moderator: ballmark

jxroth

Owners vote on over the cap penalty

Post by jxroth »

So it has been mostly crickets from owners but the few convos we have had lead me to think that a fair penalty for being over the cap is being dropped down to the final first round draft pick in the next draft. (In other words, to the 16th pick). I would much rather us just self-police this as a handshake agreement, but for some incomprehensible reason, Seattle has decided to ignore my direct messages as well as the public message board -- and has refused to get under the cap (which in this case, would be easy to do). So I think setting up a punishment which would begin this season is our only option. What do you all think -- you can respond in this thread or send me a personal message if you prefer to not make your response public.

Jx
GhostofKong

Re: Owners vote on over the cap penalty

Post by GhostofKong »

It seems odd that Ryan would ignore people or break the rules like this. He’s always been a super stand-up owner.

Seeing as he logged in a couple days ago I imagine there’s something amiss. I suspect he’s on autopilot and not looking in on this team and totally unaware. Or at least the optimist in me is inclined to believe that. Remember this new u2u system isn’t tied to your SimD log in. You don’t get email notifications about them so I frequently go weeks without logging in to check messages.

Re: penalties, I’d rather tie a penalty to timing with the season rather than commish contact. Like a hard and fast rule if you’re not under the cap with 5 days/30 games of season start, your first rounder is dropped to 16.
chbutt

Post by chbutt »

I agree with Kong since he's only .18 over the cap. If you are significantly over I would want something more Draconian like taking away the highest paid players, if that's possible
blumer5

Post by blumer5 »

I dont think the amount they are over the cap should matter. .01 or 10 mil left unchecked is the same amount of penalty in the system.
piper108

Post by piper108 »

I didn't realize I was over the cap. I've been checking my team on my phone by going to the schedule page and therefore did not see any message notification or the league message board. I assumed my team was doing badly due to a large number of injuries. If I was trying to tank I definitely wouldn't do it by barely being over the cap, so dropping me down to number sixteen in the draft seems silly. Especially when my record isn't even the worst in the league.

They really should implement a system where the owner gets an email when they are messaged.

Return to “Barry Zito League”