Folks, We Need an Owner

Discussions for the Barry Zito League.

Moderator: ballmark

ballmark

Folks, We Need an Owner

Post by ballmark »

Sadly, the NY Barons have let me know they have to cut back on some teams but before I post the franchise :arrow: does anyone know of someone who would jump at the chance to play in a salary league?

If so, I'll post the team with password protection and you can have them PM me for the magic word.

If I don't get any takers in the next day or so, I'll post it sitewide and we'll see who comes outta da woodwork.
ballmark

Re: Folks, We Need an Owner

Post by ballmark »

All right ... I've gone ahead and posted the vacancy sitewide.
cbrandonellis

Post by cbrandonellis »

New Owner for the Barons. I'm on the site every day and very active. Feel free to send me trade offers and I'll get back to you ASAP. Looking forward to it
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Hey, welcome to the league and man, that was quick! Here's the best advice we give to all owners new to the Salary League experience:
This looks like it may be your first salary league so feel free to ask questions, we'll be happy to help. You may find some words of wisdom in the old forum here. Or you may just find confusion.

The #1 piece of advice for any new owner tackling their first season of free agency is: avoid signing anyone to a long term contract until you get a feel for how this magilla works and begin to understand the ebb and flow of market economics and how the other owners are valuing players and which players/positions are worth bidding more on vs. less. Capiche? Bottom line is try to sign only one year contracts at first.
cbrandonellis

Post by cbrandonellis »

Thanks, that was very helpful. I used to play SimD way back and have 5 teams now, so I know the game well. But yes, first time in a salary league so I will be taking it slow to not create any disasters. Really interested in this format. Thanks, again
piper108

Post by piper108 »

Welcome to the league!
TheProfessorAND1

Post by TheProfessorAND1 »

welcome and good luck!
GhostofKong

Post by GhostofKong »

Welcome!