Vote to Manually “Merge” (sunsetting CHL)

Discussions for the Barry Zito League.

Moderator: ballmark

Would you be willing to invite the 5 non-BZL owners from the CHL to join us here in the BZL?

Yes - we should “merge” here
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 10

GhostofKong

Vote to Manually “Merge” (sunsetting CHL)

Post by GhostofKong »

Should we attempt to “merge” the CHL with the BZL by asking their 5 owners who don’t own BZL teams to join us here? This would require one of their 5 CHL only owners or one of our 6 BZL only owners to leave. It would also effectively sunset the CHL.
blumer5

Re: Vote to Manually “Merge” (sunsetting CHL)

Post by blumer5 »

Well i am torn because i have guys like stone who i want to run their career but i have alot more minors depth in CHL. How quick would this happen? I would obviously do it to have a full league.
GhostofKong

Post by GhostofKong »

I don’t know particulars, we would have to iron that out once we know if we are willing to even merge as a league. I feel the same way. I definitely prefer my team in the CHL.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

I have had more success in a few short seasons as a chaperone in Los Angeles (AL) than I have had in many seasons with Kansas City in the BZL, so I'd kind of like to stay in the CHL, too -- but I know much of that success is undoubtedly due to a lower level of competition due to fewer owners in the CHL.

Because I'm competing against many of the same guys over here as I am in the BZL and I know I'm not getting any smarter, LOL!
jxroth

Post by jxroth »

So, where do we stand with this. Overwhelmingly in favor. Should we move on it?
Jx
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

I would say definitely, yes. The CHL is down to just two active "unique" owners left - heavyt and zoocorp - and there are two unowned teams here. Sounds like a perfect fit to me. Not sure what it would take to incentivize those two to come on over and play with us, but I'd sure like to see it happen.

Would love to see Salary Leagues contract to the point where there is once again a waiting list to get in and some excitement about playing in them again. They are one of the few venues in SimD where you can literally - given the right set of signing strategies - build a competitive franchise year in and year out.
jxroth

Post by jxroth »

Totally agree.
These leagues should be desirable.

Jx

Return to “Barry Zito League”