New Owner in Texas

Discussions for the Barry Zito League.

Moderator: ballmark

ballmark

New Owner in Texas

Post by ballmark »

Looks like Forbidden cleaned up that team enough to attract a new owner. Welcome to Merpdemer!

Owner Card looks new to the game, though looks can be deceiving. If you have any questions, man, there are puh-lenty o'folks here willing to provide answers. In my case, long, extended answers with way too much information, LOL!

At any rate, welcome to the Barry Zito League!!
timemry

Re: New Owner in Texas

Post by timemry »

Welcome. If I can offer any friendly advice, allow me to say the one thing that a new owner to salary leagues can do to hurt them more than anything else is to sign a terrible long term contract with a player.
Until you have a very good sense of player values, make one year contracts your best friend.
merpdemer

Post by merpdemer »

Hey guys. I am basically new as I haven’t played SD in years. I’ve always wanted to get into a salary league so I’m really excited about the extra challenge.

I hear you on the long term contracts. Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to the challenge.
piper108

Post by piper108 »

Welcome to the league!

One year contracts are definitely good to focus on, especially with your team prestige as low as it currently is (almost as low as mine!). I've definitely had to start overpaying on some short-term contracts just so I can get some victories.
chbutt

Post by chbutt »

Welcome!
blumer5

Post by blumer5 »

Welcome to the league and the guys who have offered their assistance are great owners. If you have any Q’s don’t hesitate to reach out to them!

Return to “Barry Zito League”